Personal View site logo
Olympus OM-D E-M1 topic
  • 193 Replies sorted by
  • It is still not movie oriented camera.

• I was not expecting much (1080p30 24Mbps is in the ballpark of my expectations), but no 24p is a really shame.

• Always 30fps only, a little more bitrate, maybe that avoid problems with pixels which are confused with each other on the screen sometimes, but if that is so, I remain happy with my em-5. Not the perfect camera, but i bough it for 610 euro new. Not 1500.

• Disappointing...

• Here is the video spec from the 43 rumor site

MOV (MPEG-4AVC/H.264), AVI (Motion JPEG):

• Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 24Mbps (MOV)
    • Full HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9) 30p, 16Mbps (MOV)
    • HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 12Mbps (MOV)
    • HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) 30p, 8Mbps (MOV)
    • HD 1280 x 720 (16:9) / 30 frames per second (AVI Motion JPEG®)

The bandwidth have been bumped slightly from 20Mbps to 24Mbps

• Panasonic has gone to IBIS route. Why not Olympus going to better video support and codec? :)

• True Pic VII processor improves video quality like moire reduction

Camera has external mic input

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-more-e-m1-testing-report/

We'll see how it'll be.

• Judging from the comment on 43rumor looks like Olympus still concentrate on still side of thing, so don't expect much improvement (if any) on video side minus the separate mic input

• Any news about video mode?

• It's beautiful - when not seen from the front, the junction body-grip is very strange. :)

A lot of info leaked about it, but not a single one regarding video. Not looking good.

voig15.jpg
    709 x 689 - 69K
  • First leak with 12-40mm, looks like it got seperate mic-in! I hope they upgrade the video part for Oly, might ditch 12-35 & GH3 for this combo if the video is up to standard

• 24p, or just crappy video, the only detail I ever want from Olly, since the old EPL1 is just as good for photos.

• No, it's their new Pro camera, price will be 1500 euros or dollars, depending on the country. And I doubt that it has video capabilities to compete with the GH3. Looks like totally photo oriented.

Their are in some trouble, now. The E-P5 was launched overpriced and with the release of the GX7, it worsened - if you don't absolutely need the 5-axis IBIS, the GX7 is a much better value. The E-M5 is a great camera for photos, but is starting to became aged in terms of specs.

I think that the intention of Olympus is to try to bring some great glass (the 4/3 lenses) back to life - and then don't have to develop new lenses soon. But use the OM styling looks like a big mistake - in all the sites that published the leak, almost everybody thought that the camera looks horrendous. They might used a more-SLR style, like their old E 4/3 line - a lot of people considered that only a "DSLR" looking camera could be a pro one, in fact.

Probably with the "leak" the will oficially announce the camera in this week, let's see. But I still think that will have nothing special in the video front - except if they used a little of their brains and get some good Sony codecs in exchange of their IBIS tech.

• I have a feeling Olympus is going to try and make this the "lumix killer"

• @QuickHitRecord this is the soon to be announced sucessor - even it's not really a sucessor. It will be launched next month (and I agree with Vitaliy, looks like an organized leak - 5 hours to take sown the video?).

Will be launched too a cheaper and lower spec E-M5, probably without weather sealing and maybe a 2 axis ibis.

The real sucessor for the E-M5 will appear only in 2014.

IBIS camera with decent to good video - the first probably will be the full-frame NEX, that (as rumors said) incorporates the 5-axis IBIS tech from Olympus.

• I believe that we are going to see an IBIS camera with decent to good 24/25P video soon. Could this be it? Or perhaps the OM-D's soon-to-be-announced successor?

• Seems like Olympus organized leak :-)

As far as looking camera is exactly as expected from Olympus.