Personal View site logo
Flow Motion v2 vs. Moon Trial 5 opinions. Please?
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • @geist878 Forgive me if this sounds rude but you say you're in your last year as a film student right? You've never heard of the numbers 720-60 in a sentence or in school at all?

• I have been using Flowmotion on my GH2 since Jan, and its been rock solid. I tried a few other hacks now and then but they were all too buggy, and IMHO I didn't really see any improvements over Flowmotion. Moon was no good for me, as it saved corrupted metadata in the files and FCPX refused to load them. So if you want a really stable hack I would recommend FM.

• Forgive my ignorance again but,

1.I heard (read) that a lot about Driftwood's settings but I have not able to figure out which one the best for my situation.

1. When you say "720-60", what are you referring to?

Edit: I am having some weird formatting issues here.

• My humble opinion is that they can't be compared. Apples to Oranges. Moon is very, very good as are most of Nick's settings. They are geared for more specific shooting situations though.

Flow Motion is also very good but more forgiving (Again IMO) and better suited for general applications.

720-60 which is the Achilles Heel of the GH2, seems better with Flow Motion thus better for outdoor sports.

I think a better comparison would be Sanity Vs Flow Motion.