Personal View site logo
GF1 hack (manual modes in video) bug
  • Hello,

I use my GF1 + firmware hack since more than 6 months, it's great, congratulations :)

I have the following problem :

• Set "Mode A" for video

• Shut down the camera

• Power on the camera

• The "Mode A" setting for video is forgotten! The only way for having "Mode A" for video again is : go in the menu, set ANOTHER mode , e.g. "Mode P" for video, and THEN go in the menu again and set "Mode A" for video again.

I know somebody else having the same problem, with the same camera.

Who should I contact about this little bug?

Thanks in advance.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • It's normal, just save your settings in C1 or C2 on dial and use it :)

• Why is it normal that for having "Mode A video" again, you have to do : go in the menu, set ANOTHER mode , e.g. "Mode P" for video, quit the menu, and THEN go in the menu again and set "Mode A" for video again.

That's a long process...

The normal behaviour would be : if I shut down and power on again the camera, the mode A is still there.

• The normal behaviour would be : if I shut down and power on again the camera, the mode A is still there.

Present behaviour is proper one as most people need workings stills mode after power back on. And having movie mode saved will make more trouble. Plus it is not so easy to do.

• Hi Vitaliy, Thanks for your answer.

"Present behaviour is proper one as most people need workings stills mode after power back on. And having movie mode saved will make more trouble. Plus it is not so easy to do."

The present behaviour leads to some confusions / misunderstanding : when I power back on, and I go to MENU>MOTION PICTURE, and I see video mode "A" , I think that it is still in mode A. But it is not (because after power off/power on, it is back to default). Don't you think this is strange? It's like the menu "says" something wrong. For coherence, don't you think this menu should be done in a different way ?

• Ok, go to mode "Motion picture" on the wheel, then set the settings that you prefer, Video Mode "A", apperture number, and others, after all changes don't forget to back in live view. Then go to CUSTOM MENU->CUST.SET MEM.->choose C1 or С2 and save your settings.

• Perfect! :) Thanks a lot humpman!