Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @brucker

Many thanks for trying Valkyries and feedbacks! And thanks for very interesting footage. :-)

また感想をお聞かせください<(_ _)>

• @bkmcwd thanks! :D

• Made in September with Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO (I'm not really sure about the version, but it was with bkmcwd patch). I was there only to help the guy who set up the lights, I picked up my gh2 to do some tests with a Samyang 85, a Pentax 43mm and a CCTV 35mm, and finally, I ended up making a small video for the group. Thank you @bkmcwd for the great job, and thanks to @driftwood, @cbrandin, and @Vitaliy_Kiselev.

• @tymeorama

Many thanks for using Valkyrie! :-)

Your footage looks very nice.

• @All

I am working on improvemant of Spizz, GOP3ZILLA, and GOLGOP3-13 now.

Regarding Spizz, probably, I need the advice from Nick in selection of a matrix. Since the matrix of SpizzT4 and moonT6 is considerably different, I consider now whether what I do with these.

GOP3ZILLA, I am adjusting the GOP tables. This is for stabilizing it more.

GOLGOP3-13, I am going to make another version which changed the Y matrix. I will give another name to this new one.

When tests are required, please give me cooperation. :-)

Regarding Valkyrie 444, I'm going to upgrade TZ3 BETA2 and Lite BETA to the official versions.

• @bkmcwd I have to do a filming job tommorrow and my client wants me to shoot in 720p50 (PAL). I've never used this format before and I wonder, if you can recommend one of your patches which runs stable in SH (PAL) mode. The job will be a documentary, with much action, long period shots (spanning important!) and under use of autofocus function.

• @spreeni

Hi mate! :-)

Honestly, I have not made the spanning test almost. Therefore, you need to try and check spanning in advance.
    However, about stability, I think that it is enough in SH (PAL) of my newest settings with 95MB/1 SDXC cards.

I recommend you Valkyrie 444 TZ3 BETA2 or GOLGOP3-13s_BETA6.

At least, in auto focusing, it is stable rather than other high-bit rate LowGOP settings, IMHO.

• Thank you!

• UPDATE(2013/06/02):I have released GOP3ZILLA4_BETA_Corrected version.

@ GOP3ZILLA lovers :-)

GOP3ZILLA4_BETA

I release the new version of "GOP3ZILLA" setting.

In this version, the GOP tables are adjusted more appropriately. I think that this is further stable and with higher bitrate from GOP3ZILLA3 in HBR or 720p.

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

*About 24p, it is completely the same as former versions.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 100M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*This is the simple setting which harnessed the feature of the stock as it was. I recognize this to be the normal evolution version of the stock.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card. However, I have got the report that the card of other classes 10 can also be used satisfactorily.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA4_BETA.zip
    895B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA4_BETA_Corrected version.zip
    905B
  • UPDATE(2013/06/02)Valkyrie 444 Lite is upgraded to official "Valkyrie 444 Lite 1.01" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128374#Comment_128374

UPDATE(2013/06/02)Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 is upgraded to official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 1.01" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128374#Comment_128374

UPDATE(2013/05/30):Valkyrie 444 Lite BETA is upgraded as official "Valkyrie 444 Lite" setting. http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/123699#Comment_123699

UPDATE(2013/05/30):Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 BETA2 is upgraded as official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3" setting. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/100441#Comment_100441

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/100441#Comment_100441

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA7 and GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA7

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as before. The only changed part is in 720/60p.

*These have passed the continuation zooming test for 6 minutes or more with Panny AF lens.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @ojiko, @syoushow, @Mrhechang, @Shon, @spreeni, @kankala, @abraham1307, @jul and @towi!

And especially thanks to Nick @driftwood. :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 120M in 24p, about 75M in HBR, about 70M in 720/50p, about 60M in 720/60p.)

*'MAX' version and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A2.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX2.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p of GOLGOP3-13-MAX2, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably) (Take care only in 720/60p)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA7.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA7.zip
  • *HBR30p of Duke is still not good, although 24p is good. I will improve it.

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128510#Comment_128510

New!

Duke & Duke Lite

"Duke" is a new setting based on the new concept, but it is in the structure high reliability at the same time.

If the character of Duke is denoted by a word, it may be said that it is "middle of the GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA".

Or more simply, it will be the setting "which raised resolving of GOLGOP3-13 more."

For the Suites by, I am not sure yet whether the best in this. However, I think that both of GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA users are pleased with this.

I prepared the standard type and the Lite type also in Duke. In the Lite type, the frame size in which the playback in a camera is possible is used in all the modes also including 24p.

In the standard type, in-camera playback is often impossible in 24p, but a higher image quality is achieved.

Please tell me your impressions! If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest Dukes.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in Duke.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in Duke_Lite.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the scene of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p of Duke, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably) (Take care only in 720/60p)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.

bkmcwd Duke_BETA.zip
    bkmcwd Duke_Lite_BETA.zip
  • UPDATE: Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 & 444 Lite

I updated Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 and 444 Lite. :-)

*FB1 in 24p was only changed.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 1.01.zip
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 Lite 1.01.zip
  • ummmmm... HBR30p of Duke is still not good, although 24p is good. :-(

I will improve it.

Duke_24p_12_160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1295 x 633 - 545K
    Duke_HBR30p_12_160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 560K
    Duke_60p_12_160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 548K
  • @bkmcwd

ummmmm... HBR of Duke is still not good

in HBR/25p things look pretty good.

I've just tested Duke (only HBR/25p mode) on my codec torture chart and also in lowlight (tungsten)... so these are really only preliminary test. But so far it looks promising (also the JM-SP decoder results look very good!) 30p may be different ...

• @towi

Thanks for your comment, mate! :-)

in HBR/25p things look pretty good.

Woops! I had forgotten the PAL side!

I also think 25p is not bad indeed. However, improvement is required in the NTSC side.

• Seeing HBR30p, my impression is not too bad.

I felt the potential to become even better by improving a little. :-)

• @ users

My impression is not so bad although I have repeated verification about HBR30p of Duke. Therefore, I see a situation for a while.

About Spizz T6, since I am considerably satisfied with T4, I cannot decide the directivity of improvement now.

About other settings, if your impression can be heard, I am glad. :-)

• 你制作的固件都很好 不过哪个版本最好的啊?能推荐一个最好的固件我吗?

• @yda321 Many thanks for your comment! :-)

Although recommendation is dependent on your purpose, I recommend you latest GOP3ZILLA4, GOLGOP3-13-BETA7s, and latest Valkyrie 444 TZ3 or Lite.

Please check the top page of this thread.

• Hey, I'm a beginner with GH2 hack. I have a Sandisk 95 mb/s 64 go card. I did some tests with the golgop3-13 - A2 - Beta6. I did some long shots in HBR 25p because in few days I have to shot a show of 1 hour an a half. 2 times I shoot more than 1 hour without any problem. But at the third try at 28 minutes the picture has freezed and my camera was bugged. And it was impossible to export the rush. Then my question is : the Golgop3-A2-Beta7 is more stable ? For my show do I download the original firmwire to be sure or is there any hack less powerful than golgop3 but more secure ? Thank you.

• @mjonas67

GOLGOP3-13 (Beta6) never crashed on my camera in HBR/25p mode. But I've never used GOLGOP for long recordings...

Spizz (Trial 4 by @bkmcwd) should be stable in HBR/25p: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7714122/Cluster-X-Spizz-T4---bkmcwd---720p50-adjusted--95MBs-SDHC-32GB-.zip.html

Then again 3GOP settings are not economical settings... so maybe not first choice for (very) long recordings.

100% reliable in HBR/25p mode with pretty low filesize (but at the same time really great looking footage) is "Sanity V3": http://www.file-upload.net/download-7714121/SANITY_V3_edit.zip.html

• @mjonas67

Many thanks for using GOLGOP3-13 and feedback! :-)

the Golgop3-A2-Beta7 is more stable ?

No. It is completely the same in HBR. I will check and try to adjust it later.

For my show do I download the original firmwire to be sure or is there any hack less powerful than golgop3 but more secure ?

Although not tested in detail, in my settings, the HBR of Valkyrie 444 Lite or GOP3ZILLA4 may be safer in long recording.

And the advice from towi will also become your reference.

@towi

Thanks! :-)

• @mjonas67

I tried the recording continuous in HBR25p of GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA7 repeatedly. Specifically, the recording for 30 minutes or more was repeated consecutive three times. However, neither freezing nor stopping was in the result, and it was satisfactory at all.

Wasn't what was frozen possibly a portion of the last of a card in your case? It seems that it hardly freezes even if it cannot spanning and stops, but it freezes in every high-bit rate setting in the shortage of card capacity.

Anyway, I am preparing GOLGOP3-13 further stabilized in 25p now. I will release it today or tomorrow. Please try, supposing you are interested in it. It is the setting adjusted only in the PAL side. :-)

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8a and BETA8b, GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8a and BETA8b

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as before. The changed parts are only in PAL side.

These BETA8s are aimed for stability of spanning in HBR25p.

*BETA8b may span easilier than BETA8a.

*Although I think that BETA8a is stable enough, please try BETA8b, when you need stability more in HBR25p.

*These have passed the continuation zooming test for 6 minutes or more with Panny AF lens.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @ojiko, @syoushow, @Mrhechang, @Shon, @spreeni, @kankala, @abraham1307, @jul, @towi and @mjonas67!

And especially thanks to Nick @driftwood. :-)

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 120M in 24p, about 75M in HBR, about 70M in 720/50p, about 60M in 720/60p.)

*'MAX' version and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A2.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX2.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p of GOLGOP3-13-MAX2, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*These cleared the continuation recording test for 30 minutes over 3 times using the test chart in each all the modes. (Only in 720/60p, without iDynamic modes)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8a.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8b.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8a.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8b.zip
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters