Personal View site logo
Really small and portable motorized slider
  • Tiny Friend

High quality, very light and very portable motorized slider.

• Total length - 480mm
    • Sliding distance - 41 cm
    • Sliding platform hold up to 5 kg
    • Powered by 4x AA batteries
    • Suitable for smartphones and HDSLRs
    • Adjustable speed, stop, forward and backward motion
    • Weight - 1 kg
    • Speed - from 40 seconds to max 6 minutes from one side to the other (oriented to timelipses mostly)

Mini friend

• Total length - 890mm
    • Sliding distance - 82 cm
    • Sliding platform hold up to 3 kg
    • Powered by 4x AA batteries
    • Suitable for smartphones and HDSLRs
    • Adjustable speed, stop, forward and backward motion
    • Weight - 2 kg
    • Speed - from 80 seconds to max 12 minutes from one side to the other (oriented to timelipses mostly)
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • Where can i find it? Regards Michael

• Is there somewhere a review for Tiny friend ? I can't find link or info on web ... Thanks

• @gabilourson

I don't know about any, you can be first to make one :-)

• Ok but before buy it, i need to know more on it in term of results. Why there is nothing In web about this product ? Thanks

• Why there is nothing In web about this product ? Thanks

Because it is new product that was not offered before :-)

• light, cheap, i like it

• This looks like just what I am in the market for, but I was not impressed by this video at all. I think it is just poor video/timelapse production on the reviewers part though.

Looks like the 82cm one is just the 41cm extended with a second slider-piece. Are those sold separately and adding one is how you get the 82cm version? Seems if so like you could be able to extend it with even more pieces then maybe, but with potential stability/strength problems when doing that...

• I think it is video made at framerate that is not ok for web :-)

• Looks like the 82cm one is just the 41cm extended with a second slider-piece. Are those sold separately and adding one is how you get the 82cm version? Seems if so like you could be able to extend it with even more pieces then maybe, but with potential stability/strength problems when doing that...

Nope, you can't make rails consisting from two parts as it'll introduce bump.

• But look at 5:43 into the video...

• But look at 5:43 into the video...

Yep, weird. Sorry.

Such thing really introduces small bump and manufacturer know about it and will change design later. We do not have longer version on deals at all, btw.

• I'd be worried about a bump though as you said. Probably more pronounced for slider use than motorised timelapse use, and easier fixable in post for timelapse? I'm just guessing though (got no experience with such issues).

• @larsarus

Yes, i think they thought that for timelapses it is not so important. Plus they are not really super pro in sliders.