Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AN OFFERING - short horror film (BMCC, Anamorphic)
  • Hey everyone, our new short film AN OFFERING is competing in a really cool contest this week and we could use your help! You can see the whole film here: http://hellionsmovie.com/contest/vote/ It's best enjoyed loud and in HD. If you dig it please vote and tell your friends!

If we go on to win the next and final round, our film will be featured in the new Bruce McDonald film Hellions and may even screen theatrically along with it.

I shot the film on the Blackmagic 2.5K with Lomo anamorphic lenses. The video portions were shot on analog hi8.

I've attached some stills from the film below.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Huge thanks to anyone that votes!!

image image image image

blue.jpg
    960 x 540 - 458K
    Red.jpg
    960 x 540 - 380K
    less flashlight.jpg
    960 x 540 - 354K
    night CU.jpg
    960 x 540 - 281K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • @ryancglover Good looking film. Really like the shot of guy walking in forest - nice angle taken to catch his eyes. Voted for you on http://hellionsmovie.com/contest/vote/ Best of luck!

Guys, check out this brief short by Ryan and vote if you like. It's very simple, just make selection and press vote. No signup required.

• Thanks for the support @matt_gh2!

Indeed, the voting setup is super simple!

• Vid looks good, but nothing particular interesting about it... A guy is walking in the the woods and gets startled?

• Thanks for watching @theconformist. Considering it's a two minute film, I thought we hinted at some pretty interesting story elements in her dialogue and what he finds in the tent. But I always appreciate feedback.

Thanks to everyone who's check out the film and voted! The contest lasts until Sunday at midnight!

• Yeah, I think story elements do play here well. Only suggestion would be to hold on that last scary shot a bit longer (the one where you quickly cut to some mystery man in the woods...assuming I saw it right and that was a man). I couldn't quite make it out because it was so quick. But all in all, quite good.

• Very nice!!!
    Best of luck... seems you're already ahead =)

• Thanks @maxr!

@matt_gh2 glad you liked it. The reveal at the end was definitely supposed to be quick. Here's a grab of what the character actually sees https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/13300753853_aa0a39d3c5_b.jpg

• Hey folks! So the voting closes Sunday at 11:59 EST and It's turned into a really tight race! We really appreciate everyone who's voted and would love it if some more people could check out the film and vote if they dig it!

Thanks again for the feedback and support!

AN OFFERING poster.jpg
    480 x 720 - 397K
  • We won our week of the competition and we now advance to the final judged round!

Thanks to anyone who watched and voted!

Embedding the video here now:

Thanks again!

• Congrats!!!
    BTW nice type =)

• Congrats!