Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Micro 4/3 to Nex adapter
  • I found this on ebay and found it to be an interesting adapter for those of you that are thinking about moving from a Micro 4/3's camera to a Nex camera and still want to keep all your lenses and lens adapters.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-4-3-M43-Sony-Nex-Adaptor-NEX5-NEX-5-NEX3-NEX-3-/110652784340?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c36b7ed4#ht_1686wt_1165
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • looked at my nex and m4/3 adapters the difference is minor , minus the fact the Sony is much larger diameter opening.. so basically this is a shim.. i doubt ill be using micro4/3 on my nex, but all my other legacy lenses work great on nex.. IF companies were diciding a lens mount now id choose sony e mount as its the shallowest largest diameter out at the moment.. for adaptability this is a great feature

• Native m43 lenses stay on m43 bodies :)

Let the 25mm 0.95 price go down more.

• some guys video.

I got this adapter today...with voigtlander vignettes badly...not quite infinity...also adapter is flimsy but I paid less than 10 quid for it.
    Its not worth it.
  • There are some manual lenses in the m43 mount like the Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 and the Noktor HyperPrine 50mm f/0.95. Lenses like this will work with exception of a slight possible vignette, but like @Ralph_B said "...we won't know exactly how much until somebody actually tries it."
  • Yeap. Native m43 lenses... stay in m43 bodies. Selling m43 body would imply selling m43 lenses.
  • Yes, that's the only thing it would be good for. You couldn't even focus a native M 4/3 lens because that requires electronics, too.
  • I think he meant the adapter for those FF lenses or APS-C lenses with m43 adapters.
  • That's interesting, but I don't see any way to control the iris on the Micro 4/3 lens, since that's done electronically. I guess you would always have to use your lenses wide open. Still, that's better than not being able to use your lenses at all.

Also, the M4/3 lenses might vignette on the larger Sony sensor. But, we won't know exactly how much until somebody actually tries it.