Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Bit Rate, Frame Dropping, Frame Bending, Mathematics
  • Let's say you have an Action camera with the following specs:

1080p at 50fps Bit Rate = 28mbps 1080p at 25fps Bit Rate = 16mbps

You intercut the 50p (25p) (Close range and POV) with Multicam DSLR footage of 24p (Medium and Wide). You Drop the Footage into a 24p timeline with a 24mbps Bit Rate and have the option of either dropping frames or bending frames.

1- How much information is lost conforming 50p to 24p?

2- Will the information lost from the 50p footage lead to the 25p (16mbps) footage having a higher Bit Rate in the 24p timeline?

3- Is it better to drop the 50p into a 25p time line, render at 25p, and then drop the new file into the 24p timeline?

4- Is it better to just forgo the 50p and use the 25p (16 Mbps)?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • The questions you ask are very specific to whatever software you use for editing. There is no generic answer to them.

• I am looking at bitrate more more because I will be doing a lot of post work, and I need something that will hold up better.

I would rather shoot those sections in 24p, but the camera I have only records in in 60, 50, 30, and 25. 25 is the closest to the rest of the workflow, but also has the least amount of picture information.