Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
MediaTek MT6595, octa core A17 chip with 4G and 4K H.265 support
  • MediaTek today announced the MT6595, a premium mobile solution with the world's first 4G LTE octa-core smartphone SOC powered by the latest Cortex-A17™ CPUs from ARM®.

The MT6595 employs ARM's big.LITTLE™ architecture with MediaTek's CorePilot™ technology to deliver a Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP) platform that unlocks the full power of all eight cores. An advanced scheduler algorithm with adaptive thermal and interactive power management delivers superior multi-tasking performance and excellent sustained performance-per-watt for a premium mobile experience.

Excellent Performance-Per-Watt

• Four ARM Cortex-A17™, each with significant performance improvement over previous-generation processors, plus four Cortex-A7™ CPUs
    • ARM big.LITTLE™ architecture with full-system coherency performs sophisticated tasks efficiently
    • Integrated Imagination Technologies PowerVR™ Series6 GPU for high-performance graphics Integrated 4G LTE Multi-Mode Modem
    • Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE with data rates up to 150Mbits/s downlink and 50Mbits/s uplink
    • DC-HSPA+ (42Mbits/s), TD-SCDMA and EDGE for legacy 2G/3G networks
    • 30+ 3GPP RF bands support to meet operator needs worldwide

World-Class Multimedia Subsystems

• World’s first mobile SOC with integrated, low-power hardware support for the new H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, in addition to Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9
    • Supports 24-bit 192 kHz Hi-Fi quality audio codec with high performance digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) to head phone >110dB SNR
    • 20MP camera capability and a high-definition WQXGA (2560 x 1600) display controller
    • MediaTek ClearMotion™ technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices
    • MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality

First MediaTek Mobile Platform Supporting 802.11ac

• Comprehensive complementary connectivity solution that supports 802.11ac
    • Multi-GNSS positioning systems including GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo and QZSS
    • Bluetooth LE and ANT+ for ultra-low power connectivity with fitness tracking devices

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/03_news/01-2_newsDetail.php?sn=1137

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • OK so I ended up going with the MTK6592 Neken N6+ (5.0Inch IPS FHD OGS Screen MTK6592 Octa-Core 1.7GHz 2GB+16GB) from GeekBuying..

http://www.pandawill.com/search/result/?c=8&q=Neken+N6%2B

I can hardly believe I'm actually downgrading from my Galaxy SIII to a 5" Chinese number. (It's a travel-light thing; I can't do invoices on the road on a phone and don't want a tablet in my life right now)

It's coming the slow way but I'll be happy to review it. I plan on rooting and installing the next stable Cyanogenmod so it might make for an adventure, language-wise ;-)

• @goanna

MTK6592 is quite different thing http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/7617/mediatek-octa-core-solutions#Item_3

If you ask me MTK6592 is worst Mediatek chip up to this date, mostly due firmware and Android limitations. Most phones live much less compared to very good MTK6589T.

• Yep, it's a run-out product. For me its price hits the spot.

• Yep, it's a run-out product

Nope. It is not run out, it is their current flagship (if you do not count paper announcement on top). And it'll remain main solution in middle and advanced phones for all this year.

A17 is energy inefficient and only useful in complex tasks (for very short time until your battery still holds :-) )