Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • Stack away boys, stack away. Let us know when a producer asks you why one side of your image is slightly out of focus though. Just tell him you did it as a cool effect. He'll really like it. :)

• @kurth

Cheaper adapters, in fact, originate from RJ. But optical part is different. Hence price difference (as optics cost 80% of adapter).

• @Vitaliy

Yes....RJ has updated ...are updating their site. It plainly states "new optics or new version" and they now have the fd adapter listed. Personally I think buying the updated version for only a few bucks more , over ( I counted 6 ) re-branded makes obvious sense. Thanks V

• I hope RJ explain what he mean by new and improvement done on the new lenses. Also, sample tests that show the previous vs new improvement would help. I am still anxious in clicking the button on the eos adapter. Still waiting on MB's eos-mft and don't mind the higher price for better quality. If RJ takes care of the blue spots, I will buy in a heart beat.

• I hope RJ explain what he mean by new and improvement done on the new lenses

I think you are confused. Whole topic is about improved adapters. You can find issues of old ones in older topics, just spend few minutes.

• VK I know, I am addressing what Kurth is saying above about the "new optics or new version" advertised on RJ's website.

• I am addressing what Kurth is saying above about the "new optics or new version" advertised on RJ's website.

And I said that you are confused, as RJ site update speaks about thing you can find here from page 1 of this topic.

• GH3 with RJ Lens Turbo FD-M4/3.

50mm f1.4 24mm f2.8 S.S.C.

• On a side note, RJ provides very good customer service from what I've seen so far. Seems to be a first rate operation.

• @kurth

I am really sorry, but I cleared topic from few posts, as I really do not like to have bunch of confusing things here or things not related to topic at all. Like discussing personalities in other place.

• @vicharris and the "stack away comment"

That comment suggests something about inferior quality standards. That is not nice. Actually its not hard to notice this optical error in Philip Blooms Bolex shot: "Ocean on fire" and I didn't see anyone complaining in the comments. So it could happen with 'pro' stuff as well.

• @RKM Being nice has nothing to do with it. It's not a smart move. This has been documented over and over and over again by multiple sources. All you are doing is multiplying you chances of intolerance and error. You know what, I really don't care anymore. Just do what you want and have at it. Forget all the countless hours of testing people have done in order to help out others who would rather ignore their hard work, yet only to complain why something isn't working for them.

Really, do what you want.

And as for Blooms test, who knows what lens that was. He used great lenses and old lenses that might not perform the best anymore. Also one of his adapters could have been a piece of crap. BTW, there's many people complaining about the soft far right in the images.

Stacking adapters is a bad idea....period. There's zero discussion on this.

• Stacking adapters is a bad idea....period. There's zero discussion on this.

Well and if there's no problem with soft corners and such? Don't seek problems if there are non. Can happen, doesn't have too.

• Found this sample timelapse using one of the chinese nameless adapters and the bmpcc. Since it's timelapse it allows you to judge the edge softness issue . Check out the tree at .55sec. Obviously this looks great.

So my question is....do the cheaper adapters work better with smaller sensors like the pocket camera, since they're using a smaller image circle from the adapters ? Which would infer as well, that the chinese adapters like the RJ would work better on m43 than aps nex.

• So... after I came up with a wrong link the question remained unanswered: are there any A/B tests of the RJ and Speed Booster around?

• I tried to use the lens turbo with an old Zeiss Contax/Yashica 50mm lens with a simple C/Y to Nikon adapter so it could mount but I cannot focus to infinity: the maximum focus it allows is at a really close distance, so it is completely unusable. Does anyone know if there is something I can do?

• Can someone who owns one of these comment if there is an adjustment available for the infinity point, like I have heard there is with the MB SB?

• @CFreak, the RJ does have a way to adjust for infinity adjustment. Earlier in this thread, Vitality mentions you can in fact screw/unscrew the lens portion to adjust. Dunno if it officially advertise that as a feature, but that's kinda similar to how Metabones recommends adjusting for infinity: http://www.metabones.com/article/of/infinity-adjustment-speed-booster-only

• Any update on a m43 to Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum AF lens turbo yet?

• Any update on a m43 to Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum AF lens turbo yet?

As far as I know it'll be all available with time.

• Does anyone have any new links to video samples of the RJ adapter in action? The charts posted earlier only tell part of the story.

• @Boncrek

Check all topic pages, they have many samples.