Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SanDisk Extreme SDHC Cards
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • What is the fastest card (32gb) for a GH-2? The 95mb cards have been around for quite a while?

• Just got a Extreme pro 32gb 95MB/s but the back of it is different from my 64gb one (left on the picture) is it a fake? Doesn't have Sandisk written on the back.

photo.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 668K
  • does anyone know clock frequency of GH2 sd card host controller?

• @matt_gh2 it is the same ups issue in adorama, another store anyone? @tinyrobot i dont trust in humankind jajajja

• Or have a member mail you one for a small fee.

• just found this link on ebay that states some reliable sellers of SD cards

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/fake-sandisk-ultra-secure-digital-cards-exposed/10000000001254852/g.html

the users 1800memory, memory-r-us, and techinfiniti

seem to be legit, anyone knows if the link above is the real deal or is it phishing??

• Thank you for your answers, but damn it, its just that the shipping to my country from b&H is absurd U$66, plus i have to pay the taxes and here UPS charge me again an unkown % of the shipping+tax*the value of the merchandise, so... B&h is a no go for me, any other reliable alternative?

• @lolo

At least they are slow (in shipping). And you really do not know their source of this cards. I suggest to get from B&H or similar.

• I've bought two of the Sandisk 64GB 95MB/S from B&H (bhphotovideo.com) and they came packaged perfectly in Sandisk box and they work perfectly. I think some of the sellers on Amazon have sold fake Sandisk cards. Just buy from B&H and you're sure to be safe.

• has anyone bought a 64gb 95mb/s Sandisk extreme pro from Deal extreme? is it a reliable store?, i was searching on the web and the reviews of the store are mixed

• Wow... it's not possible to ask for return this "special" warehouse item via Amazon website. I'm afraid that this will take many man hours... darn...

Edit: Amazon -> Help -> Contact Us -> Phone. Yeap that did it.

• The amazon deal was delivered to my door. Look what I got!!! Supposedly Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95Mbps. So outrageous that it's funny. Amazon got terrible sense of humor.

image.jpg
    1632 x 1224 - 540K
  • Cool! Glad you guys picked one up in time. What a deal!

• Read card recommendations and about the "file number limit exceeded" error in the hack FAQ: http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

Spanning is covered in the GH2 usage FAQ: http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-usage/gh2-usage

The best choice of card depends on how you're shooting and what hack settings you're using. If all of your takes are short enough to not span, or you can work around the "file number limit exceeded" bug, the 64 GB 95 MB/s card is a fine choice. If you can't tolerate the bug and you need spanning, you should choose the 32 GB 95 MB/s card and use hack settings that will span with the smaller card.

• Thanks, tetakpatak!

Any tips about the most stable card? I have to shoot something rather important next week, and it will be the first time I actually use my GH2 for anything more serious than filming my dog. I want to try to minimize the risk of embarrassing lockups and lost footage if possible.

I love my GH2 so far, but am finding all the menus and settings kind of overwhelming...

• @lorilin if you meant the fastest card, yes- that's the one. Read also balazer's comment just before yours. If that error happens, just re-format the card & restart the camera. PAL or NTSC doesn't matter.

• Hi guys...just to make sure I order the right thing, I wonder if someone could confirm that this the correct 95MBs/64GB card (for GH2 in PAL land).

http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-SDSDXPA-064G-X46-Extreme-SDXC-Speicherkarte/dp/B005LFT3UW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365343235&sr=8-3&keywords=sandisk+64gb+extreme

Many thanks in advance, Lori

• The 95 MB/s 64 GB card is the fastest card around and the one least likely to cause write errors and spanning failures. (Though it will cause the "file number limit exceeded" error) But card speed is not the biggest factor in camera lock-ups. A lot of the hack settings out there are just not 100% stable in HBR mode. Try different hack settings.

• check the early posts guys and gals.

Simply put it is normal. 64gb 95 mb/s card plays nicest out of the cards that people on this forum have tested. There are some other cards that probably match them from other manufacturers, but they are more expensive so none bothers with them. Toshiba's cards are coming down in price fast, and their 90/30 cards are pretty fast. Haven't tried the 90/60 or higher cards yet.

• It sounds like the only cards that are safe to use with all 'safe' versions of the hack are 64gb 95 mb/s extreme pro. Can anyone confirm? I have had a couple of embarrassments lending out my GH2s to shoots where it kept locking up when used in 25p, though fine in 24p for me, so stopped using the hack. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Would sooner spend £100 on a card that works than on 2 that don't! Thanks.

• @Mr_Moore

Yes. After furthur reading, I also think that's the case. I hope I can ask the store to change to 64 instead.

• Sedna A Q1 spanned on my 64GB 95MB/s card. Might be that the 32GB 95MB/s card is actually slower, despite having the same specs nominally, or that the GH2 handles it differently.

• I just got my Sandisk 32gb 95MB/s today and tried spanning with Sedna A Q1 (24H) without success. Is this normal for Sedna or there is a problem with my card? (24L was spanning though)

• I just got a 64GB 95Mb/s card and it's bitchy in my Mac Mini (mid 2011) running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Running Flowmotion or any Driftwood I-frame patch on my GH2, the clips won't play on the computer unless I play the clips in the camera first, and Finder will not show the AVCHD folder structure unless I jack with it by removing and remounting. My 16GB 45MB/s cards have no problem playing back, mounting to the Mac's file system or importing to FCPX.

The 64GB card will span running Flowmotion or Driftwood Moon at their highest settings, but the card is so much of a hassle that I wish that I had stuck with the old cards running Flowmotion.