Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Another music video
  • I didn´t shoot this (apart from the opening two shots), but did the grade.
    JumJum, previously named Jehovas - "Du har aldrig gjort det" (roughly translated: You haven´t done it) They just released the single for their upcoming album "Lillebror" (Kid brother) and another vid (which I DP´d is in the pipeline for release).

By the way - The cars they drive in the video are registered as tractors (kind of), kids aged 15 or more (or is it 16?) can drive them (they can´t go faster than 40km/h - you need to be 18 to drive a normal car here).

Cameras used: gh3, gh2, 5dmk2, gopro... maybe even a 7d?

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • SUPER R RRR!!!
    Everything, music, the late 80's look, framing, the pace, the characters, the edit; man, it even made me miss Sweden =)
    Wish more music videos were like this. Congrats to everybody involved, really truly mycket bra jobb!!!

• @RRRR These guys really need you to shoot the vids - Stanner du Stanner Jag was fucking incredible. This vid is okay, kinda funny...song is okay. But the Stanner du Stanner Jag video and song they did was TRULY EPIC. Looking forward to the next one.

• @matt_gh2

I think you might like the next one. :)

@maxr

Cheers! :)

• Awesome video! Very Trollywood :)

The kid actors are really doing a great job, and the characters are spot on. Cross post this on "Where are all the Women"

EPA!!!!!

• Ok, so tomorrow - the next video - "Lillebror" will be released. I´ll update with the link as soon as I can. It´s a little different than the other vids, a bit creepy but I hope you can appreciate it. :) The idea for the vid also stems from this "dig where you stand" approach with lutheran free churces playing a huge role in creating the cultural identity of the region. Every village, no matter how small, has at least one chapel.

It was shot in one day with a gh2 and an FS700 with zeiss glass only. Graded in AE, bits of ColorGhear and a preset from Maltaannon for high pass sharpening (I intentionally worked the look towards online viewing, to try and get it to pop even with the big leveller that poor video compression creates).

@Oscillian Thanks a bunch! :)

• Love it / hate it, don´t be afraid to say so. :)

• I was expecting something more drastic in the end but this leaves speculations open about the fate of this girl. Good: the tension and build up. Bad: a bit monotome with all the close ups. Jum Jum's music: as always very special :)

• Well, I know the first ideas for this was way more drastic.. would have made life more difficult on all accounts! :) Kudos to the kids in the vid, they came from a neighbouring school on a saturday and kept attention levels incredibly well all day.

I wanted really fleshy, almost grotesque close-ups to keep building on the tension (rather than to let the viewer breathe too much in larger shots), don´t know how well we succeeded in that. As we had so little time I prepared the masters and the lighting in-between shots whilst the b-cam did closeups along with the director. He did very well to make some beautiful shots, but we may have benefited by pushing it a little bit more, making it skew a little more all the time.. Maybe stepping in extremely close as well. Maybe it was my mistake to not also use a lens with a bit of distortion. I think the director, who edited the vid, did a good job in working the low key elements.

• Professionally shot - imaging quite good. Waiting for them to match or beat Stanner du Stanner Jag.

• watched both vids entirely till the end which is a big compliment. Love it.

• Thanks guys! @matt_gh2 different fish perhaps? :)

• True. Def lots of talent. As usual you're doing great job with videos. Closeups are great.