Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
A new s8 raw camera
  • A new s8 camera manufactured from scratch and with 16mm-like film mechanisms.

http://www.filmkorn.org/sensational-a-new-super-8-camera-from-denmark/

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Wow!!! amazing tech. Very interesting article.

Father and son. One a master mechanic CNC and the other a chip programer. And they even have the CNC machines, and a SMD assembly machine and stuff.

Here the initial paragraphs.

Tommy and Lasse are 63 and 30 years old. They are father and son, and they’ve always bonded over ambitious tech projects. Tommy is an expert mechanic, a crack on the lathe who knows everything about any kind of material. He can manufacture parts that he has in mind just so. Lasse’s expertise is even more microscopic than precision mechanics: He’s an engineer of bits and bytes. As a researcher and consultant, he develops complex micro controller applications, from chip design to full-fledged systems. Fifty years ago, Tommy became an amateur filmmaker, back then on Double 8mm with an Olympus Pen camera. Even today, long after the Olympus had been superseded by a Chinon Super 8 camera, he always keeps a fresh film cartridge in his refrigerator. Lasse has designed the hard- and software of highly complex micro controller systems for more than a decade. Motor control is his particular area of interest.

Tommy and Lasse are Logmar. The company was founded in 2009 in Lasse’s house in the Danish city Aalborg. Today, it houses a CNC lathe, a MakerBot 3D printer, an SMD assembly machine and even a reflow machine for the professional manufacturing of high component density controller boards. A big box with discarded control circuit board prototypes tells of the ceaseless and painstaking work done by father and son

• Erm - between 2k and2.5k euro?

• The topic says "raw camera" which isn't exactly true, but the camera does look pretty neat!

• After "surviving" a raw workflow edit of probably the worlds biggest live band along with ALL of it's added issues I can confidently say - not that we're not ready for it, as we had to hand the words cutting edge operatives doing it, the broadcasting industry as a whole isn't ready for it - 4k cinema and TV edit, online and mix over (over being the operative word) I can happily attest - carry on shooting flowers with raw as it ain't anything broadcasters can cope with yet.

• @eatstoomuchjam

The topic says "raw camera" which isn't exactly true,

....actually , since there's no topic category for film cameras, I had to choose a topic...raw seemed the best, although it wasn't in my topic title. Vitaliy must have added that part.