Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Workflow....
  • I was pretty excited to find the hack for my GH2. I downloaded all the recommended software and successfully installed it all on my (Mac) computer and cam, so my next question is how do I work with it in FCP? If I Log and Transfer the footage it treats it the same as it did before the hack.
    I wasn't able to find if this question had been answered before so excuse the double post if possible.
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • For the classical FCP, L&T is the way to go. Or use ClipWrap to wrap mts in mp4 container.
  • Thanks for the reply stonebat. With L&T it transcodes the footage to Prorez and the resulting clip is 114.43 Mbit/s this is the same as the clips I have from before the hack.
    Maybe I am missing something?
    Does the higher bit rate during recording just add to the quality of the picture and not to the resulting file size?
  • ProRes is not uncompressed codec. It compresses, too. :)

Benefit of transcoding from mts to mp4 is 8bit 4:2:2 conversion. We have a topic for 5DtoRGB.
  • Gotcha thanks ;)