Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New Raw 1080p Prototype Camera answer to BMC lack of High Frame Rates.
  • Hey guy's found this developer whose working on a new Raw 1080p 2/3inch chip CCD Global Shutter camera the images are crisp and filmic. Description: (Truesense KAI-02150 CCD sensor, global shutter, 1920 x 800 pixel, 25/45 fps, other resolutions and frame rates are possible Recording software saves Cinema DNG files, 12 bit RAW Fujinon tv-lens 12,5 - 75 mm/f1.2) Here is what he had to say: "I have calculated it to ca. ISO 200, with gain it is good up to ISO 800. Sensor is 2/3" optical format, image area 10.56 x 5.94 mm, 5.5 µm pixel size. Captures up to 95 fps at 1280 x 544 pixels, sensor has 1920 x 1080 pixel"

If this pans-out right It can be a great tool to use in conjunction with the lovely Blackmagic Cinema Camera, or soon to come Pocket Cinema Camera. Let me know what you guy's think about this development.

• 17 Replies sorted by
  • @TrackZillas

Is it developer on video?

Looks scary.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Lol.. not sure, but if it's him his heading in the right direction with this camera.

• @TrackZillas did you email him about price and availability? I saw it earlier today, to me it looks more Film like than the bmc, and little bit more DR

• @sammy Yes I sent him an email about pricing and availability. It sure looks filmic I was wowed..

• Where the world is going? If scary odd looking man sitting on his couch now "looks filmic".

• it needs a better grade - i like the clean-ness of the kodak sensor but the colors are odd looking

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev hahah, you got me..

• The guy is trying to sell it for 7000....I'd imagine euros !

• @kurth Yes you got that right $7000 Euros I guess now it's time to close this topic and move on. My guessed price was way way off I was thinking $1K - $1.5

• ...yep...he's obviously living on another planet !

• To think about it. It doesn't look that filmic after all ..haha

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Where the world is going? If scary odd looking man sitting on his couch now "looks filmic".

Maybe he considered that you where fed up with bushes and trees.

• the sensor itself is over 1000 dollars. The industrial cams for the kodak 02150 or whatever it is are going to be 3500-7000$ alone. He's developed his own software for it

• Hey...it was a great science fair project...but who in their right mind would buy this over a BMCC ...which I shouldn't have to remind you....can be bought at a real camera store ...with a warranty ?? And if you want higher framerates, you would still have enough left over for a gh3 and lots of lenses ! We've all got to live in the real world...even dreamers.

• @kurth

I think someone will buy. Just to get rid of nightmare where this man on the couch comes to you every night in dreams.

• Not exactly "answer" to BMCC if not for sale and more expensive...

• I no longer the answer to BMCC lack of higher framerates. I get that the Sensor itself cost $1000 but you have to be competitive in this market place. 7k that's close to what you would get for a Red Scarlet brain and it also shoot Raw, Canon 1DC, & FS700 compress format bet still great images.