Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mitakon lens Turbo, Speed Booster analog, available
  • 240 Replies sorted by
  • {Regarding the Nikon to M4/3 mount}

I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact Mitakon about adding a LOCK<-->OPEN feature on the Lens Turbo.

It seems like it would definitely open them to wider market of users right?

If it's a dumb adapter that also lacks the LOCK<-->OPEN feature I'd probably be forced to buy the Metabones Speed Booster, which would be a shame.

41a-5CmE7IL._SX342_.jpg
    342 x 342 - 58K
  • Just emailed them. We'll see if they respond : /

• From Mitakon:

"Hi, thank you so much for your message and we will send your message to development team. Thank you so much for you great help."

Not a resounding response, but at least we know someone's getting these.

I say we bombard them w/emails and make the LOCK<-->OPEN feature.

Won't be able to use the new Sigma 18-35 1.8 = dealbreaker.

• So it looks like they WILL have one for the G mount Nikons, but not for a few months.

Thread: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/mitakon-lens-turbo-in-stock-and-for-sale-on-ebay/

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 2.37.41 PM.png
    724 x 155 - 31K
  • For nikon g lenses - Is there any reason you couldn't use a canon mft lens turbo, and then add a canon to nikon g adaptor. In theory the flanges should all add up?

• @Gethinc

Sure you can do that. One adapter is always better than 2 tho, less likely to be any play.

• true, but its the only way to get iris control on g lenses isn't it? (or will be when someone releases a 4/3rds adapter)

• Hey guys, a Mitakon/MX Camera rep responded to my inquiry about Nikon G-M4/3. Here it is:

I know 0 people who use XF mounts. I know about 8 who use m4/3. If we want m4/3, we may just have to rally and make some noise on the Mitakon and MX Camera Facebook pages.

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

image.jpg
    640 x 960 - 121K
  • Hey guys, a Mitakon/MX Camera rep responded to my inquiry about Nikon G-M4/3. Here it is:

I know 0 people who use XF mounts. I know about 8 who use m4/3. If we want m4/3, we may just have to rally and make some noise on the Mitakon and MX Camera Facebook pages.

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I can't seem to find the conversation on their facebook page.

• @Brian202020 Just PM them :-)

• MXcamera: "M43 adapters will be available 2 months later."

• 2 months from when I wonder.

• In your opinion, a 35 f2 lens on Sony nex cameras will perform better than a 50 f2 + Mitalon Turbo LEns+ Nex? The FOV will be the same, however, apart from the extra stop of the Tubo lens, I think that the 50mm will perform better than 35 since it doesn't show any distortion/ wide angle perspective...anyone has some pics/test about this comparison? It would be easy to test a Canon FD 35mm f2 against a Mitakon+ 50 FD f 1.8...

On my old Kiron 28 f2 mounted on GH1, distortion is very evident...it's the drawback of using a wide lens to get a 50mm like FOV...

• @Brian202020 @losad83 I replied to it here too:

https://www.facebook.com/mxmitakon/posts/574140649291742 ;-)

And I've no idea if this is their twitter account and they simply haven't used it, or not, but I sent a tweet to them anyway:

https://twitter.com/TersoIT/status/358943300679507968

• Optical quality appeared to be very good with the Nikkor 135mm f2 and the Bower 14mm, both stellar performers on the D800E, no vignetting wide open and no noticable loss of resolution

http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=8168

Those are a lot of numbers. And since we tested the Lens Turbo adapter on a 16-megapixel NEX-5N, a direct score comparison to the 36-megapixel D800 isn't exactly fair. At f/2.8 the center-weighted score is only 1,534 lines. The center is actually quite sharp at 1,975 lines, but the edge resolution is a dismal 557 lines, about 28 percent that of the center. Stopping down to f/4 doesn't move the needle much, but we do see improvement at f/5.6. There the lens scores 1,717 lines overall, with 2,170 lines in the center and 590 lines at the edges. The drop-off percentage is about the same. The lens did better at f/8, notching an 1,827-line average with 2,153 lines at the center and 826 at the edges—the edge score is about 38 percent of that of the center.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420102,00.asp

• We will test it with Gh2 cameras when the GH-version will be available...sony nex resolution is much lower than panasonic..

• New improved Nikon G to E mount adapter

Without blue dots and such.

Present at our deals - http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1029/catchit-deals-weekend-specials

m43 versions will be available later this month.

new_focal1.jpg
    725 x 590 - 59K
    new_focal2.jpg
    696 x 581 - 55K
  • I'm also in for a Pentax K > m4/3 and hopefully we'll see a M42 > m4/3 also ;)

• Tsk! Typical! I recently just bought the standard Nikon adapter and have been using my DX 35mm f1.8G by locking the lens open. Nice that the 35mm DX lens covers full frame area even though designed for APSC.

As for the adapter...its great. Bit of "glow" when fully open in daylight and more flare so optics are not super awesome but works lovely all the same. Especially for lowlight and sharpness. At last I dont have to be halfway across the room to use a 50mm effectively anymore.

• I am also looking forward to a M42>m4/3 adapter

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev i'm not familiar with Nikon adapters, but will this new Mitakon one for M43 have aperture control on the adaptor? I take it that if it did, there would be no way of knowing exactly what f/ setting you were on?

• i'm not familiar with Nikon adapters, but will this new Mitakon one for M43 have aperture control on the adaptor?

Nikon G and Pentax DA adapters have such apeerture controls, both for m43 and E mount.

• is there any example footage of the new optics? The glass has to be different in some way now that the blue dot issue has been resolved.