Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool v3.62d topic
  • 327 Replies sorted by
  • Hello
    I am thinking about using the 24p 66 and trying 720/60p hack on my gh2 but it seems that no setting allows for autofocus to be used?
    Or is my patriot lx 16gb too slow?
    it seems that it always receives the write error whenever I try to shoot something
  • @swaneon I may be the card - i have the same card (i think - is yours class 10?) but the 32GB version and I have not been 100% successful shooting complex scenes at anything over 32Mbits in SH or 44Mbits in 24H. It will sometimes error out above that - the card too slow error.
  • yep mine is "class 10" ill try the sandisk or get an extreme 3 to try out, thanks
  • Maybe it's a dumb question, but can i make few base settings firmware files and use them when necessary, or must i make new version up file each time?

thanks for the help!
  • @inc

For me with multiple cards I can put a different setting on each card with with a different GH2__ Vxx.bin number on each. It doesn't appear to matter if the number is higher or lower than the previously loaded one.
  • @inc No, you can use them when necessary. I /think/ that while the camera needs to see a firmware version on the SD card with a higher version, PTool has modifed the image so that the version number never really increments when the camera loads it.
  • Will this hack allow me to monitor my footage via HDMI in the following modes:
    -720p
    -Ex. Tele mode.

This is all i need but i haven't been able to work out if the hack will do this.
  • Is that something to expect in the near future is it not doable?
  • Vitaliy is not known to mince words. He could have easily said "Not Possible"..."no way" ..."are you crazy"...."you must be out of your mind"....etc. But for him to reply..."No, not yet" leads me to understand the answer to be "Yes....sometime in the near future.: :-)

ok...sorry....I'm bored.
  • I hav e hacked the GH2 wioth Ptioo 3.62
    Ich checked
    30 minute removal
    AVCHD Compression all se suggested, only
    Video Bitrate 24H to 44
    and Video Bitrate FSH/SH also to 44
    Microphone indicator 8.

Now i have a Panasonicx SDHC 16 GB card Class 10 that stops recording after 3 -10 aseconds due to low writing speed or too much darta for the speed of the card.
    Andd I have Sandisc 167GB card, 15 MB/s class 4!!!! which has no problems with writing.
    ?

What shall I change to make it work on the Panasonic card too?
  • @AKED
    Find ready settings by cbrandin and use them.
    Do not touch microphone.
    Plus try better cards, yes.
  • @Vitaliy
    If I use sdxc card, could solve the span problem?
    If so, Trascend SDXC 64 GB could be valid?
    Thanks
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Thanks for the hint with cbrandin settings.
    I thought the microphone was ok for it was not in the testers section, but ok.

I usually use the Panasonic class 10 card and a Sandisc class 10.
    The class 4 was an old one and I used it only for testing.
    Did never make any probleems with GH 13 though.
  • Where are the cbrandin settings for ptool 3.62?
    I have looked around but coluld not find them.
    I tried my settings (withoout the mircophone) on a Sandisc class 10 (30 MB/s) and the same as with the Panasonic card: stop due to writing speed limitations of the card.
  • @cbrandin

I wonder if VK can add post #'s in each thread that can be anchors/linked to? I guess asking VK would work better. :) VK?
  • the pointer for a particular posting is in the hour/date next to the nickname in every post :
    cbrandin 6:09PM Report Awesome

copy/past the link in 6:09PM and here you go
    http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/14328#Comment_14328

Don't be fooled by my timezone, it works ;-)
  • Thanks, astraban. That does work. Still, I think it would also be nice to reference post #'s in threads.
  • Hi!

I've been following this project with enthusiasm for months now, I just wonder, Is the a user friendly, non-tester version of the crack?
    I'm not so advanced when it comes to messing with the camera.
    Or any good settings that one can put in that garuateely works? :)

Thanks!
  • Mac OS X question:

I formatted my Transcend Class 10 16GB in camera. Now I can't write to it. I can't copy the firmware hack to the card. Any suggestions?

**edit** sorry, it was just my card reader wouldn't let me write for some reason. I took the card out and stuck it into the iMac's built in card reader, and it allowed me to copy the .bin. (just in case this helps somebody)
  • @Tong ProTools is not in "friendly versions" . . . or "unfriendly versions". it is customizable. Some parameters are "for testers" but these are clearly labeled and you don't have to touch them if you don't want to.

I encourage you to simply get PTools running, take a look at how it is laid out, read the ptools hints on different patchable parameters, then come back to the forum and read a bunch. Most of what these guys are talking about with settings makes a lot more sense once you just see ProTools.

Hacking the camera is very easy and should not jeopardize you camera as long as you're nat an idiot that tries tester stuff.
  • How do I use the setj.ini file?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions