Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
My GH2 is not hackable!
  • Hello! I just got my friend's GH2 to hack but it's not working! I have a GH1 and I hacked numerous times! with no issues, but it's not working on the GH2!

I do everything correctly, I have read ALL tutorials on the net and nothing works...

What's happening: When I load the camera with the hacked firmware, the camera recognizes and show the "Start Version up" screen, I put "yes" and everything happens as it should, BUT after the hack when I go to "Version Display" it still shows Firmware Ver. 1.1, not 0.0 as it should.

I have tried everything, and when I google I can't find nobody with this problem...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • First you need to put the original firmware from the Panasonic GH2_V11.bin Then choose a ptools 3.66 hack and update the camera. All work.

• I could be wrong, but I believe that after you apply the hack setting to the GH2, it will still say 1.1, but the new hacked setting has been applied. The way I check, after applying hack setting, is to shoot a short 30 second clip and then open it in Streamparser to check video bitrate. The unhacked GH2 will come in at 20-24 Mb/s. If you hacked the camera it should be much higher, anywhere from 45-176 Mb/s depending on which setting you chose to hack with.

• Thanks! so it's not like the GH1? With the hack applied still shows Version 1.1? I couldn't find this info anywhere...

mmband, That's exactly what I did, I also hacked my GH1 numerous times... it shows version 0.0, but in the GH2 shows version 1.1.

I tried this Streamparser but I'm on a Mac and I couldn't run it, even with winebottle...

Is there any similar program that runs on a mac?

Thanks!

• what matt said

• Other way to check...files size. A hell of a lot bigger file size.

With Driftwoods intra patches (I'm in love with those, can tell little about others though I've tried) it's close to 1GB per min, more or less x5 stock (which is close to 200MB per min).

It's the easy way if it's your first hack and just wanna check it's in.

• On a Mac, you can check the stream rate with VLC player ( under Media Information/ Statistics) or Movist ( under Control Panel/Properties), or EyeTV ( under STREAM info)

• Do you have a PAL version? Then you could just check, if the 29:59 limit is removed. If not you could check, if you can switch is from PAL to NTSC. That should be easy to see, if the clips were recorded in PAL and NTSC.

• Thanks everyone I think the hack worked...because now the ISO goes all the way up to 8000 and I can switch between PAL and NTSC. I'll check this VLC player. Thanks again!