Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
1920X1080P 30P hack? Hacking recording time only?
  • Hello everyone!

I have 2 questions and I'm using the GH2.

1) Can you recommend a hack that would allow me to shoot at 1920X1080P at 30P and 1920X1080P at 60P?

2) I would also like to know is there is hack that would allow me to shoot with the original GH2 setting but let's me keep recording for more then 30minutes?

Thanks for the help!

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • You should do more search before you post, otherwise I predict you'll see a lot of your posts closed. I'm not being unwelcoming, this is just the way this community works and how the forums keep organised.

Anyway here are the answers:

1) 1920X1080P at 30P any hack, you just shoot HBR in NTSC. The capture will be 1080p30 but the container is PsF (interlaced in a 1080i60 format). 1080p60 is impossible on the GH2.

2) Load pttools, load the GH2's official BIN firmware file, tick the option that removes the recording limit and save. Then flash as usual.

• Thanks Duartix,

I shot in HBR but now the files looks interlace no progressive. Do I need to convert the files to something else?

• Don't worry, the capture was progressive, it's just wrapped in an interlaced container: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57925#Comment_57925 if you are using After Effects.

• Thanks duartix,

I use clipwrap and it works just fine!