Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Greece: Almost done

Default will happen for certain.
    We live in very interesting time.
    You could tell your grandsons (yeah, to ones with four legs) that you saw.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/greek-bonds-collapse-ecbs-nowotny-announces-bank-will-compromise-agree-temporary-greek-defau
    greece1.png
    623 x 419 - 15K
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • And now we can all together, loudly, to thank: Thank you Goldman Sachs! We thank the Governments of Greece! We thank all the citizens who do not pay taxes and have social advantages. We return to the ancient Greek practice: oligarchy (called democracy), and slaves.
  • P.S. as they could find in the euro area? Magic ?
  • It's interesting how we don't hear about the role the German Government played in this downfall. Now they will buy and privatize all of Greece's National held entities.
  • @Bueller
    It all doesn't matter.
    As if something happens you could see domino downfall.
    I see clear progress in the questions.
    First it was: "Will it happen at all?"
    Next:"How soon? It can't be this year, right?"
    Next:"It will be only Greece, right?"
    Now top class of many countries ask something like:"We'll be the last in this domino thing, right?"
  • Good thing is i can still visit my family in Crete without being around all the crazy shit.
  • Like Tanta said, "We're all subprime now."
  • @Mihuel
    >And now we can all together, loudly, to thank: Thank you Goldman Sachs! We thank the Governments of Greece! We thank all the citizens who do not pay taxes and have social advantages. We return to the ancient Greek practice: oligarchy (called democracy), and slaves.

Personally, I don't mind so much, but I don't see the point in turning a serious issue into irony every time. You know it's not so funny when you live here and you see people around you, your parents etc suffering, minute wages getting cut even further, taxation constantly rising. Salaries and wages are kind of like 3rd world but prices are fucking expensive, the same as england for 95%.

>We thank all the citizens who do not pay taxes and have social advantages.
    Of course, a small reason is because of pure inexplicable stupidity/immorality etc so we can thank them all we want, but the main reasons are generations of awful, corroded,corrupted, old-fashioned education and a horde of mindless nitwits. When you keep witnessing a sickening and unprecedented amount of tax evasion scandals from political figures/ social figures, when you see your tax money going to fat/rich peoples' pockets instead of education or to build a fucking pavement, when you constantly see taxation favoring rich people and damaging poor people, when an 80 year old person is supposed to live on 380 euros a month and has to pay rent and eat, it suddenly becomes quite tempting to try and evade tax doesn't it?

>We thank all the citizens who do not pay taxes and have social advantages.
    Could you please be more specific when saying " we thank all citizens who...have social advantages". By citizens we usually mean the vast majority, the whole, and frankly, living here 18.5 years of my 19 years of age, I don't see very many "social advantages" for poor and middle class people.

> oligarchy (called democracy)

what on earth do you mean???