Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • any news on VY Canis Majoris 'VYCM Etc' mode? It was announced on the original Canis thread

• what is the most stable intra patch for intense detail at the moment?

• Shot with CM night and a 50mm FD 1.8 lens, at 1.8 or 2ish (I made it stepless, so it's hard to know). This is not my finest work, but I was really impressed with the color after adjusting the K balance to 4200. This was as per the advice of a forum member (sorry not sure who). The settings were Cinema -2 -2 -2 -2. This was the bands first live performance and conditions were less than ideal. Brave girls.

• Filmed with the GH2 and the ever reliable Sedna Q20 patch. The 7-14mm f4.0 lens was used for all shots.

• @david_d Yes, that's right. But only if the bitrate is not more than 100 megabits. If it will be more flash drive can not write that down, stop recording, or the photocamera is hung. Stable recording 24p, 75 - 80 megabits if the file is written to a fragmented space on the flash drive, a 100 megabit it may stop the USB flash drive must be completely clean program SDFormatter, that there were no surprises. I know that the hack will be developed, will be setting all intra, 144 megabit, maybe even more, and you will want to use it, so I suggest you still buy sandisk 64 - 95 Mb / sec.

• Dear @Shon : as I record mainly in 1080 24p, does it means that any USB flash drive 10 class works or not ? Not sure to understand you well.

My best.

Dear @sohus: thank you too!

• I tried the new Transcend 32gb Class 10 85mb/s. No improvement over older Transcend cards in the GH2. No spanning and Apocalypse Now still only records 1 minute on my motion death chart.

I have decided to stick with Sandisk 64gb 95mb/s as it is the only 100% reliable card out there.

• @david_d Do the math on a calculator. Take the average bitrate, 40 megabit, divide by 8, you get 5 MB, flash drive will be filled by 5 megabytes per second. Bitrate is small, but when recording in 60 fps 720p camera slows down, it first saves a record in itself, and then spits out the information, so lacking speed. Show you how. Video rec: "1 - 2 - 3 ----- 5 - 6 ------ 9 this place "----" camera slows down, saving up inside yourself, then when the countdown is over, she can spit on the flash drive about 30 megabytes, and if flash drive is slow, it is not a stand. Recording in 1080 24p goes well on any USB flash drive 10 class, and can be 100 Mb, the camera writes smoothly and saves the video itself.

• @Shon thank you. But, just approximatively... how many minutes can i shoot for a 32GB (for example for an interview inside)? How much for the same with a 64GB?

Thank you so much

• @david_d Speed ​​is always changing, in the faint light bitrate drops to 30 megabits, or when the frame few subjects in bright light, when a lot of detail, the speed is increased to 50 - 60 megabits, I can not say how long it will take a video camera writes 2:00 and 10 minutes, it is not true, in fact, get more.

• @Shon Tahnk you so much. So Scandisk is better and safer. How many minutes can I shoot with a 32 GB and with 64 GB ?

Thank you again!

• @david_d I have two flash drives. With Transcend freezes for a picture in the video at 720p, 60 fps, if you shoot a lot of details, sometimes 1080 60i (6 GOP Nebula). We have to remove the battery. Sandisk is much safer.

• hello everyone,

I wanna try Apocalypse. What kind of cards I have to buy ?

Transcend 64 GB Class 10 SDXC Ultra Speed 25MB/S Flash Memory Card TS64GSDXC10 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XIB9T6/

Or SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-064G-X46 http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-1-Memory-SDSDXPA-064G-X46/dp/B005LFT3UW/

Thank you so much.

• @driftwood...Amen. I just got my first GH2 last month, big thanks to all you guys. It's an amazing tool, especially with the patches. Im using V6 Nebular and I love it. Wish I can show you guys what I shot but I'm on an older iMac (07) and the playback is horrendous. The good news is the SD extreme pro 32GB card is flawless. Wish I can say the same for the Mac, picking up my new system this week so soon I'll have footage to share. Thanks again and the donation here was worth very penny.

• First thing to check u r using the right firmware and latest version of ptools.

• Hey guys, I've been looking around the forum for awhile, cant seem to fine a solution for this. I've been using Cluster v6 "Nebular" and I keep having freezes at 720p but everything else is fine. Iam using Sandisk 16GB 95mb/s.

Actually it was fine when I just load the hack. But after awhile when I turn my camera back on, it freezes when doing 720p.

Any of you guys also experience this.

• MYSTERON GRAPHIC LANGUAGE Sorry.

• Second thoughts.

Entry deleted.

RBD

• @RBD Such a small world. :) My youngest brother just started at UCSB and I lived in SB for the majority of 1989-2002 (a few years abroad along the way).

• Thanks, Per-

No one answered so I PM'd Nick.

And shot in Cinema.

BTW, I went to UC Santa Barbara.

Albeit many years ago.

I had a bunch of classmates from Pasadena, and have always considered it the class of L.A.

RBD

• @RBD As far as shooting mode - the best resolution and compression is achieved by shooting in 24H mode, whether you are in Cinema or VMM mode. 80% VMM mode gives you 30 FPS at the highest detail a given hacked setting can offer (but with no sound and played back at 24 fps for a slight slow-mo result), while Cinema gives you 24 FPS at the highest detail, with sound and played back in real-time. 80% mode is also very demanding and may not work with as many cards and settings as 24H Cinema.

HBR, FSH and SH (1080 30P in a 60i wrapper, 1080 60i and 720 60P respectively). Some people prefer to shoot high motion footage at 60 fields or frames per second or higher - normally I only do so for handheld footage I plan on stabilizing or in the case of slow-motion.

As far as your Picture/Color/Film Mode: Standard is the default, and Smooth is usually used if a greater dynamic range is required. Those that prefer a lot of saturation can use Vibrant - it has less dynamic range than the other two.

A lot of people customize their shooting settings by starting with -2, -2, -2, -2 (for contrast, sharpness, saturation, noise reduction) and then increasing parameters if they need more in any of these areas. General practice is to increase contrast and/or saturation if you either are shooting a low contrast/low saturation subject or if you don't plan on doing much color work in post. Sharpness can be customized to taste - I can't remember the last time I wanted my footage settings to look sharper for anything other than testing, though. :)

• Cluster v6 nebular is a Superb reliability setting

• &HillTop1 Gotta get round to doing a htm page for the comp

• Hi all, I couldt read some footage (1080p24 best quality CLUSTER v6 'DREWnet' )on the GH2 display... Is it normal? thx.