Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • yoo... whats cookin ya'll?

when's the new patches being released?

• All entries will be judged accordingly by all visitors here. So please, please upload. There is no foregone conclusion until its over.

• I don't think i will enter mine after seeing @onionbrain 's entry. Where is that place? Is it heaven?

Or will my entry still be useful to you even if it's not the very best of sunsets entered @driftwood ?

• @onionbrain Amazing Andrew. Love it :-) Very imaginative combination of the elements @levisdavis, Well done.

Some great submissions coming in. Keep 'em coming, the competition is on page one for those who have missed it - and there's still time to enter :-)

@iFilmFlops Great award-winning film. Well done mate. :-)

• @strancali Thanks. I guess if it evokes a feeling, it's a success on some level. Now, excuse me while I go shoot stuff while chewing tobacco.

@iFilmFlops Congratulations!

@levisdavis Great job on that!

• Panasonic GH2 - VY Canis Majoris 'Green Screen matrix setting' + Cluster 135mm Nikon Nikkor Non-Ai at F 20 & F 32 with Tiffen .6 Gradient ND Standard Picture Profile (-2,0,2,-2) - 24 FPS - ISO 320 & 160 - Shutter Speed of 50 - Manual White Balance at 10,000) Video Copilot (Free Stock Pack (airfield explosion)) Sunrise shots taken on July 23, 2012 from 5:30 AM till 6:00 AM Helicopter shot taken on July 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

• Our movie, Poison, just won Best Cinematography and Best Drama at this year's Detroit 48hr Film Project competition. It was shot with @Driftwood's Crossfire Night version. Thanks, @Driftwood for all these great hacks.

• Ah, yes . . . the heartbreak of Vimeo compression.

• @onionbrain very nice Andrew. I feel like strapping on the 6 shooter, grab the cowboy hat, chewing tobacco and riding into the sunset :)

• This is my initial entry into the Driftwood sunrise competition...

Used Cluster V6 "Drewnet" at 1080/24p. The file is over two hours long spanning (I think) nine files reaching a total of something like 39 gigabytes. Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AI-S with a Tiffen graduated neutral density filter. Vibrant at -2, -2, 0, -2. The only things done in post were an increase in saturation and a very mild increase in contrast with a levels adjustment.

As usual -- the original files from camera look astounding -- and encoding down to Vimeo's 6 Mbps is heartbreaking.

This exceeds the 1 minute time limit thing -- so if that's a deal breaker it can be re-cut.

• Shot an all-day Blues Festival using Cluster v6 Nebular. Worked without a hitch, even shot a full Transcend 32GB Class 10 card with not a single write error. Didn't realize Nebular would work with the lowly Transcened card... Cool!

• Hello,,,

any news on Day AM?

• @Mirrorman: Nice shooting and beautiful bird. Cluster is very efficient.

• ok thank you for the info! always superior to 11 :)

• @gokuan003 I asked this question about number increments a while back. It's sometimes hard to find answers on the board. You can find explanation/answer from Driftwood here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/70982#Comment_70982

Just do NOT use the number 11. Use a number higher than 11 and you will be fine. The camera always thinks it is at version number 11. I was up to 14 or 15. After the answer from Driftwood, I just use 12 each time and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

• ok I did'nt know that we can rename with a lower number. Some people say that we have to rename with a lower number. Thank you both for your help

• I can rename it with a lower number without any problems with the fix that :) I would have chosen.?

• @gokuan003. Use the same number over and over or start from low number again like 12

• Why are you doing that? When you flash it, take your copy of the original firmware and save it as whatever, I just go up one, flash the camera and format the card.

The next time, do exactly the same thing. There isn't any need to add one higher number each time.

• I am currently at number 91 hack but I'll probably need to change thereafter and I noted that above 100 it was impossible to make me an update :/

• Why would you go to 100?

• Hi!

I have a little problem while :/ stupid when I do an update on Ptool 365d above the number 100, they tell me that this is impossible! how to solve the problem: (

thank you