Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood wow... very nice and the depth of field, yeah, Now I remember where I left my beer.

• Street scene test 'Apocalypse Now matrix - Cluster v7 Nebular beta c1' at 10pm Night, 800 ISO 25mm Voight, ungraded screen shot.

Film Setting; Standard

Street Scene - Cluster v7 Apocalypse Now C1 beta - 800 ISO 24p Voight 25mm.png
    2560 x 1440 - 7M
    Street Scene2 - Cluster v7 Apocalypse Now C1 beta - 800 ISO 24p Voight 25mm.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • There is lot of nice sunsets/ and rises. It will be really hard to judge what is best, because there is also lot of different styles. Good work everyone.

• @driftwood - Here's a little "Nebular" wedding love from New Mexico. Love your work. Helping us achieve the dream!

• @driftwood I thought we were all beta testers.

• @driftwood how does one become a beta tester? :)

• Music video shot with Driftwood Crossfire. Smooth -2

• Cluster v7 'Apocalypse Now' C1 is now released to beta testers.

• @DeShonDixon Thanks man. This patch is great, very stable, but with less details than Sedna Q20 or Cluster v6 ( for my point of view ). I'll try to test Flowmotion next time, waiting for a Cluster v7.

• @shian - Nope, just a nikkor 105mm. I've always thought that some old glass had a more crisp in a good way look to it. More organic...

• @rockroadpix is that with the ultra con filter? It looks flatter, less video-y. Looks very nice.

• @jul Sharp as tits! Which I love! Great job!

• @No_SuRReNDeR Thanks man. :( I'm sure I loaded the Mysteron Classic patch here... I'll try again. My project is coming up tomorrow and I'm getting nervous :))))

• @mastroiani No if the file you shot was on a correctly applied Intra patch *using and intra setting like 24H mode----all the bars would be RED (Iframes) and similar in height.

• Hi guys, just ran a test with Mysteron Classic patch. There is still some noise in well lit places... Would someone be able to tell me whether this screen shot from GH13 Stream Parser means that this is indeed Intra codec? Thanks so much

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 6.29.28 PM (2).png
    1680 x 1050 - 511K
  • @Driftwood - I have a quick question. It seems that the more vibrant colors pop moreso with Skin Tone. Is this true? I had sat and contr set to -2s.

Screen shot 2012-08-21 at 10.26.49 PM.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M
  • A little bit of sunrise here but I doubt I would even qualify compared to you guys :) Some Quantum and some Sedna A Q1.

• I wanted to try Canis Majoris Day patch, it's done... but now I can say I prefere Sedna Q20 ( more details ) Waiting now for Cluster v7...

• @HillTop1 Cool. Yeah, I had read about that technique before, but hadn't seen it in action. Thanks for posting.

• @matt_gh2 after I scale my anamorphic clips to my desired look, I added the 35mm film grain clip I download online. Do a composite overlay and scale it up to my likeness. I noticed something different that I will try when I do a re-shoot.

• @HillTop1 Interesting look you have there on Ghost 3. Reminds me of some daytime shots in David Lynch's Inland Empire. How did you add 35mm film grain?

• @33pato33 Sedna ABC is actually a name. variation. CDH is the nothing to worry about,those are just places they occupy in PTool. dont get confused. just choose one of sednas and patch them up.