Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Welterwerk - GH2 Short / narrative music video
  • Was DoP on this. Shot on a driftwood-176-intra GH2 with vintage lenses.

Feedback is welcome!

Description from Vimeo: This shortfilm is produced by Welterwerk Filmkompani, a new small filmproduction company based in Oslo. We make musicvideos, shortfilms and commercials. CONTACT US: post@welterwerk.no Directed by ERLEND WESTNES DOP CHRISTIAN EKREM Edit and grading ERLEND WESTNES Post effects and 3d modeling EIVIND JACOBSEN Makeup artist GRETE SKJÆVELAND CAST Machinist LASSE VALDAL Girl YVONNE / TEAM Boy ALEKSANDER M. TANGEN / TEAM Music: SIRIUSMO - NIGHTS OFF THANKS Za, Margrethe, TEAMMODELS, UiO and Khang Vinh Tran.

• 68 Replies sorted by
  • I like it!

• great! Thanks :)

• In the past month or so, this is probably the first music video I've watched through to the end. Love it.

• @cekrem That's great, Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration on a Monday Morning! :D

• well done! Thumbs up!

• This is by far the best music video I seen yet shot on a GH2, brilliant!!

• Good job! "Vintage lenses"; Canon FD?

• @jweeke - I completely agree.

@cekrem - great job, not just by you, but the entire production! Art Direction & Editing were also top notch. I totally dig it.

• @cekrem Yeah what do you mean by vintage lens? Great job by the way!

• Thanks a lot, guys! Wouldn’t have been possible without the hack, so I owe you many thanks!

Pentacon 50mm f1.8 and 29mm f2.8 for the interiors with the computer guy, pretty much asahi super-takumar 50mm f1.4 for the rest. (The latter usually @ f2.8, wide open it's too smooth). I also used a (modern) lumix 7-14mm and a tokina 11-16, those two took a lot of grading to come close to the rest! Actually there was almost no grading besides the wide angle shots... :) Yeah, and we blew a few fuses on the house where they ate (or where going to eat), so those shots were brightened a bit in post (luckily the fuse powering our fake sun didn't break:) )

hacked gh2 > everything else below 3k$!

Once again thanks to all! :)

• Thing is... the way your colorist worked the darkness was masterful. Bravo

• @cekrem what adapters did you buy for the lens?

• Wow! I like everything about this video...the grading, the music, the acting, the story...definitely the best music video I've seen done with a gh2. Damn good music video period...regardless of camera used.

• Great job! Inspires me to be more creative!

• Beautiful. Really professional. If I didn't know better I could easily think this was done with a RED or an Alexa. The slow motion looks really crisp. Was it twixtored or did you shoot with a different camera? Or was it actually shot at 720p?

• Adapters are pretty easy to make and requires no optics as long as the lens format has a longer flange focal distance than the cameras native lenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

I adapted one EOS-lens and several m42-lenses and for those formats any cheap ebay-adapter will do. FD would also be possible, as simurg suggested.

As for the slow motion, it was actual 720p50. I appreciate all the feedback, guys! :)

• @cekrem also is what mentioned on vimeo that used a 45mb card with the 176mb. How many gbs?

• hmmm... 16gB I think, can’t remember atm. The 95mb I'm using now is 32 gB - best so far imo.

• I'm looking at the video today again! @cekrem was the whole video 720p50 or just the slow mo scenes?

• most of it is slowed down, at least slightly. The sequence in the machine room / computer room is 1080p24, almost everything else is 720p. Great camera, huh?

• Wow amazing! The direction and cinematography are easily on par, or better than, most mainstream professional productions... Nice work!

hacked gh2 > everything else below 3k$!

Hell, the GH2 is my favorite image besides Alexa and Epic... regardless of price. I prefer the Intra-GH2 to an F3, C300, AF-100, ect...

• Great video! What film mode did you use?

• so good! concept, execution, and overall vibe of the film work for this music video was fantastic. your team have lots to be proud of.