Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What would happen to the GH3!
  • He dudes,

I guess i'm not the only one waiting for the new Panasonic Gh3, it's rumored to be announced somewhere in Aug/Sept. this year. What i was wondering was, Since PV (Vitaliy) is now working for Panasonic, we thought why would Panasonic make the Gh3 hackable, or will it be needed to hack it at all?

We thought you would have to sign a confidentiality contract(?) in terms of what you can or cannot do with the information provided at your (new) work. In our taste it would not make sense if the upcoming succesor of the GH2 would be hackable.

for example: - If the gh3 is hackable, what would happen to the AF100 line? It would destroy this higher end model, something that is already happening now. - Why would a Engineer such as Vitaly be hired, and after 'some' time it would be hackable, while he is providing for panasonic. - Maybe it will ship with 100mbit+ AVC Ultra? And we don't need a hack, but why would panasonic do this? - Diffrent models, pricing for diffrent bitrates? it would not make sense since it is a consumer camera, people that do vacational photography would not care.
    - Can we expect higher priced models, with mayb a new(ish) sensor, higher rates, no new features?

Let's ramble up the discussion! Cheers.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Vk wasn't actually working for Panasonic; it was an April Fool's joke :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions