Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • Psst! GH2 with kit lens $750, two days only! Time for a second camera, hummmmm? :) http://goo.gl/ta78u

• Was out today did some work with Cluster V6 Nebula on old Kingston 16Gb 4 class. Don't know about spanning but didn't had any problems while recording.

• hmm I talked about this bug has suddenly just 10 seconds after a sentence with DREWnet 24p v6 Cluster ", but I forgot to mention that reading is done directly through the TV (the card on the GH2) must surely ca may be different if I put my movie on pc ... I'll check that.

• @kingmixer I had the very same problem, I was doing aerial filming of a camping and I had to render in 720p medium/low quality to hide the artifacts...

@davidhjlindberg thanks man !

• @MinorHD Nice Video! I was at the Tivoli last month. Copenhagen is very nice too.

• I have not understood your question very well: D my english is bad :/

24p does not work at least with what I used ...

• @gokuan003 Errors in 24p? As like kingmixer's? Or? Shouldnt be probs at all.

• @Driftwood, it's static tripod. I just left it sitting, pointing at the road (to ensure detailed, moving imagery).

• Well I found genial, Cluster v6 'DREWnet, there is no error in writing: D 720p

By cons there are errors in 24p every 5 to 20 seconds!

while I use the Dynamic, pro 64gb sandisk sd 95mo and purpose Nokton 17.5mm 0.95, this is normal or I have to redo the update? ...

• @kingmixer Is that shot from a static tripod or slight movement?

• I tested Cluster v6 Nebula yesterday for long record, and it spanned 5 times over 43 minutes before I stopped it. And FCP7 recognized the clip as one 43:00 minute file too, so I think it'll be a great long record, reliable option. I was using the stock 14-140 lens in 24H.

One concern though, I don't know if it's related to the setting (probably not), or if I need a sensor cleaning or what, but I got some weird 'blurs' in some spots of the picture. Anyone recognize these?

Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 9.54.10 AM.png
    1797 x 1009 - 2M
    WeirdBlurs.png
    1797 x 1009 - 2M
  • Hey guys, I just released another test with Sedna AQ1. The purpose is to show the power of sharpening in post and how the footage from GH2 doesn't give so much grain or blocking when adding sharpen.

I was using Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.8 and Smooth (-2-2-2-2)

Read more about the test on my blog: http://davidhjlindberg.blogspot.se/2012/07/increase-depth-power-of-sharpen.html

• @robbie75vr woah! PRO cinematography

• @driftwood Sedna Q20 vs Quantum 9b: how do they compare?

• Hi

my name is Philip from Germany and i hope you understand me, because my english is not so good. :-) First thanks to Driftwood. It is amazing.

And now I have a big question. Normaly I use big shouldercameras for television in HD (my job!). But for private it is much too expensive. In two weeks I have to film a making of a photoshooting and I want to use my Gh2. Some Cameramoves will be very fast. Only Handcamera. But what shoud i use? 720 50 p 1080 i or maybe the 2k mjpg? the 2k i think ist very good but in dark fields very noisy. Is there an chance for Noisereduction by changing some settings? Are there other pros and cons using 2k?

I use Gh2 with 14-42 and 45-200 and Adobe Premiere cs6.

Thank you...

• Thanks Everyone!

@peternap As far as the slow motion is was just the 60fps 720p mode on the GH2 slowed down to 24 frames per second. The lenses I used were the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and the Canon 50mm f/1.8. Grading was done s in Adobe Speedgrade which mainly focused on blues in the shadows and oranges in the highlights.

As far as the fog goes we borrowed a friend's fog machine, and man do those things sure do enjoy setting off fire alarms haha

• @nchamberlain13 , amazing, now i like even more the Cluster 6 (Drewnet)

• cluster v6 test

• @nchamberlain13 That's some of the nicest video I've seen using Drewnet. Can you give some details like how you did the Slowmo, lens, grading, Etc.

Not that it matters as far as the patch but, is the fog from a fog machine or layered in?

• Here's some (mostly) slow motion shots from Cluster v6 'DREWnet'. Really loving this patch!

• @robbie75vr Thats so sick dude

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions