Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • I tested Cluster v6 Nebula yesterday for long record, and it spanned 5 times over 43 minutes before I stopped it. And FCP7 recognized the clip as one 43:00 minute file too, so I think it'll be a great long record, reliable option. I was using the stock 14-140 lens in 24H.

One concern though, I don't know if it's related to the setting (probably not), or if I need a sensor cleaning or what, but I got some weird 'blurs' in some spots of the picture. Anyone recognize these?

Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 9.54.10 AM.png
    1797 x 1009 - 2M
    WeirdBlurs.png
    1797 x 1009 - 2M
  • @kingmixer Is that shot from a static tripod or slight movement?

• Well I found genial, Cluster v6 'DREWnet, there is no error in writing: D 720p

By cons there are errors in 24p every 5 to 20 seconds!

while I use the Dynamic, pro 64gb sandisk sd 95mo and purpose Nokton 17.5mm 0.95, this is normal or I have to redo the update? ...

• @Driftwood, it's static tripod. I just left it sitting, pointing at the road (to ensure detailed, moving imagery).

• @gokuan003 Errors in 24p? As like kingmixer's? Or? Shouldnt be probs at all.

• I have not understood your question very well: D my english is bad :/

24p does not work at least with what I used ...

• @MinorHD Nice Video! I was at the Tivoli last month. Copenhagen is very nice too.

• @kingmixer I had the very same problem, I was doing aerial filming of a camping and I had to render in 720p medium/low quality to hide the artifacts...

@davidhjlindberg thanks man !

• hmm I talked about this bug has suddenly just 10 seconds after a sentence with DREWnet 24p v6 Cluster ", but I forgot to mention that reading is done directly through the TV (the card on the GH2) must surely ca may be different if I put my movie on pc ... I'll check that.

• Was out today did some work with Cluster V6 Nebula on old Kingston 16Gb 4 class. Don't know about spanning but didn't had any problems while recording.

• Psst! GH2 with kit lens $750, two days only! Time for a second camera, hummmmm? :) http://goo.gl/ta78u

• Hi Guys,

First post here ;-) I made 2 small films for my mom, from my mom's garden. I used a Canon 7D for the Jib Crane shots, everything else is done with a hacked GH2 with the Quantum 9b patch. I already installed the Cluster 6 "drewnet" and will be testing it shortly. I would like to thank Vitaly and Driftwood for their amazing work of making this little cam so special, and also Drew from the drewnetwork who has convinced me of buying and hacking the GH2 :D Obviously i am just a beginner and have a lot to learn (like shooting in a higer framerate when using a crane...) I would like to know if you guys think i am pointing in the right direction... Maybe this is not the place to post this, but it contains a driftwood patch ;-)

Cheers,

Rob

• Data point: Cluster v6 DREWnet spans like a mufuk on a Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC. Done. DREWnet + Smooth = new default. Thanks Nick et al. Amazing stuff.

• @driftwood. Crossfire variation 3 (CM Night/Cluster V4) is a great setting with great image quality and high bitrates. The only glitch is that FSH/FH both record at the same bitrate of 70-80 mbs. Both FSH/FH cause write errors but I would have expected that the FH would record in lower bitrate and provide a reasonable alternative to FSH. Any explanation for why FH records as high as FSH?

• Besides, I like to know the difference between the "Canis Majoris night" and "canis Night / cluster4" they look the same at first glance, that question changes exactly? 24p is more accurate on the night canis / cluster?

Thank you to you for your answers;)

By the way: cluster v6 run without problem, c is just playing on my card via the GH2 poses problem but once installed on the PC, no worries;)

• Cluster 5.1 720 60p 1/500 shutter Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye Quikly graded in bridge.

This is my favorite setting for 720 60p to date.

P1000981Edit.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 949K
  • Nothing to boast about, but still proud :) Take a look Orion v4b

• RE: mega flare video above.... the soundtrack was well suited to the content. A small investment in special effects (i.e. a bottle of ketchup) wouldn't have hurt.

• @davidhjlindberg The effect is very good David but you use the terms... some strong sharpen but with really big radius ... Unsharp Mask effect and made the radius smaller....

Could you be a little more specific as far as radius size?

• @leejb4 Jesus Christ. What the hell?

• it finally uploaded:

• robbie75vr, I've been flying RC helicopter for quite awhile and have gone through different versions of tryin to get the best recordings possible. I am new to the GH2/ GH2 hacking world. I've been lurking here for quite awhile on this forum. Don't need, don't care to try to understand it all. I just want to adobt best practices from another (you) then go and do a mountain of testing. Cut to the chase sort of thing. I've been watching what you've been posting, particularly your Autunno clip. Still not clear on a few things. Could you help a fellow AV'er out?

On the Autunno clip, where you utilizing the Sedna Q20 hack or something else?

If Sedna where you utilizing Cinema 24p orMovie manual mode?

If Cinema 24P? What Film Mode, standard, nature, etc.? Exposure Mode P (program AE), A (aperture priority mode), S (shutter priority mode, M (Manual exposure)? ISO, IR on/off, etc...

Movie Manual Mode? 720p? Exposure mode? and the rest from above...

If you were not using the Sedna, then what? Settings???

This would save me a ton of head scratching, confusion and frustration (probably what you've already been through). : ) I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, Greg

• @kingmixer. I am confused. What was the point of uploading 43 minutes of video showing the same spot in the parking lot and the road at regular speed? Were you trying to do a timelapse by any chance?

• @Zaven13 don't be silly. You are supposed to watch it on acid ;)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions