Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SnapFocus Follow Focus System by Midas Mount
  • Revolutionary follow focus system:

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • This looks like a completely flawed design. You need to squeeze your fingers that also support the entire rig. Like @alcomposer said: extra shake :P

• Want some extra shke with your focus pull... ;)

• What amazes me is that they think they can patent a lens with a gear .. and a zipgear laid out flat attached to a cable at either end :)

• The idea was published by Arte's "Court Circuit" months ago as a garage project. Nothing too revolutionary…

• Hey, this has got my sportive creative juices flowing..

How about a pogo-stick monopod?

• or reeeally heavy rig weights, for building biceps?

Gotta get an Olympic logo involved somehow..

• Now let me get this right.. First we had camcorders we held in one hand/on shoulder, with zoom/record buttons at our fingertips, one hand free to focus, wave, shift furniture, get a life..

To improve on this we got DSLRs. We hold them on rigs with two hands. Those hands do nothing but steady the rig and get sore after 15 minutes...

And now we're finally cooking with gas here. Both hands have something to do. Bicycle brakes. Tour de France here we come!

• @fosterchen

I removed the link in first post, and will do the same for any crowdfunding project not by our members.

Otherwise, idea looks crappy. Really crappy.

• Interesting .. but all these things change the game too much. As per @fosterchen .. zoom on right hand .. focus on left hand.

Anything else I can't get excited about.

• It's a back a forth push pull between the two brakes. If only it was focus on one side and zoom on the other....

• Interesting, but why 2 bicycle brakes? Wouldn't one handle the focus? What is the second one for, zoom?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions