Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good Deals: Canon FD 50mm f/1.2L
  • Really good and bright lens for good price.

s1178.jpg
    529 x 492 - 46K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • Canon FL 55mm 1.2 or FL 58mm 1.2 for less than 150/-

Remove the FL mount and there is a 58mm thread.
    Get a 58-42mm step down ring
    Get a m42 to EOS adapter

Screw on the 58mm ring.
    File down the m42 adapter until you get infinity focus.

Easy!
  • @zcream

Thanks for your suggestions. But.
    This is marketplace and it is not place to discussion in style "better get this" or "why price is too high".
  • @zcream

This is the L version! Huge difference. Good price.
  • Tempting. Although I might just save up a little extra and wait for the 50mm Noktor Hyperprime which is supposed to be available this month? Looks like the price on the Noktor has been increased to 1000 USD. Ouch.
  • The Canon New FD 50mm f/1.2L is one of the best lenses I have ever used. It does not have the amazing snap that the Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron lens has, but overall it has excellent performance. The color rendition is very accurate, and it performs very well even at full aperture.

From http://www.stuartrichardson.com/5012L.htm

As far as I remember Noktor is some CCTV chinese manufactured lens made in different mounts and is softer at open apertures.

• I own a Canon FD 50mm f1.2L and it's a superb low-light lens with very little flare in artificial lighting. To my eyes, it is second only to the Canon FD 85mm f1.2L in its magical ability to make the GH1's ISO 800 look just as clean as ISO 400 on a slower lens.
  • Just bought the FD 50mm F1.2L, thanks Vitaliy. I'll review it on EOSHD. From what I've read so far it is superior even to the new EF 50mm F1.2L which is itself a beautiful lens. FD glass comes from a time before epidemic cost cutting in mass production. Canon wouldn't dream of producing such glass today, unless it can be done cheaply and in a clever way with modern technology and machining.

I have found a workshop in Germany that converts FD lens mounts to EF, so although I will mainly be using it on the GH2 and NEX via a normal adapter, I'd like to one day soon use it on the 5D Mark II since it's intended for 35mm. On that it would be incredible!
  • I have just been given a FD 50mm F1.2L and would like to have the conversion to EF. Could you please supply details of the German workshop to me. Unfortunately, the iris is stuck wide open and need to have that repaired as well, may be the workshop could resolve this problem as well. Intend to use on a 5D Mark I camera. Any help from anyone would be well received. Many thanks to any replies.