Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Nikon D600 and D610 topic
  • 238 Replies sorted by
  • Also compatible with wireless adapter (made for D3200 )

The Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility Application must be installed on the smart device before it can be used with the WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter connected to the Nikon D600.

Via: http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Wireless/27081/WU-1a-Wireless-Mobile-Adapter.html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-Overview

Wi-Fi is now standard feature for all new cameras.

• Announcment must be 13.09. Next day after Sony FF stuff.

• D600 Photos from Nikonrumors.com, which were posted from xitech.com. It looks like it has about the same dimensions and button layout as my Nikon D7000.

Nikon-D600-font.jpg
    659 x 597 - 135K
    Nikon-D600-top.jpg
    538 x 514 - 93K
    Nikon-D600-mount.jpg
    457 x 426 - 80K
  • FF cameras and mirrorless are made for one another :-) I think it'll be the moment then we'll see real price drop to near $1200.

• Counting down till fall.........

• $1500-$2K seems to be the consensus.

• What's the price range?

• @Preetam, the 5D3 has a similarly high pixel count and it does very well in lowlight. I think the D600 could be quite interesting so long as it doesn't suffer like the D4 in terms of how it works in FX mode. I don't know what they did wrong for the D4 to be so bad in FX mode and yet so good in 2.7x crop mode.

• I don't expect the low-light performance to be good with a pixel count that high.

• 24.7MP full frame sensor
    • Weight: 760g (850g with battery and memory cards), the D800 weights 900g
    • 3.2" LCD with 921K dot with ambient sensor control
    • HDMI output
    • Video compression: H264/MPEG-4
    • Full HD with 30p, 25p, 24p, HD with 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p
    • Viewfinder coverage: 100% for FX , 97% for Dx
    • The Nikon D600 will have built-in AF motor
    • The body most probably will be weather sealed
    • The D600 may not have built-in GPS as initially reported
    • ISO range: 100-6400 (with Lo-1 ISO 50 and Hi-2 ISO 25,600)
    • 39 AF points (with an option of 11 AF points), 9 cross-type AF points *AF face detection
    • Exposure compensation: ±5 EV (same as the D800)
    • The D600 will probably use the EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery
  • From the moment the D4 came out I thought the real benefits would be down the line when they released better lower end cams. This could be a very interesting cam.

• @Aria,

Maybe Striping the will be from the Photo Mode instead( lower frames per Second photo capture, lower auto focusing Points....etc) with maybe a few minor video auto functions in the place of more desired manual functions. I hope the "DX" mode can manually be selected to shot DX crops with "Full Frame" lenses not just "Auto" selection for when "DX" lenses are attached.

• Could be very interesting depending on what they strip from the video features. Already like the idea of keeping the DX crop mode. Just curious to see if it also will have the 8bit 4:2:2 HDMI out. My guess is it will use the 24MP Sony Sensor.