Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
G95 is my new Lumix
  • GH2 was my first camera for shallow dof, before it i just used camcorders, but it stop working due to got very old.

G7 was my second lumix but i sold it due to money problems.

I was feeling a gap, a blank, a lack in my existence, because Lumix was a part of my life history...

So i found a used G95 almost new for a good price, and i also found a Metabones ultra 0,71x for quarter of price, i can use full frame and aps-c lenses. The Metabones is amazing, it does not degrade the image quality, i can use the lenses wide open, after using Metabones you can never go back to cheap focal reducers.

I am very happy with this combo: headphones output, V-Log L, great 1080p and 4k quality, Neatvideo cleans it pretty good up to 2500 iso, V-Log L deliver great dynamic range, of course it is not a GH5s for low light, but GH5s is very expensive and out of my reach. The crop in 4k is not a problem because Metabones solve it, and i mainly use 1080p. MP4 420 8bit is enough for me, and it is real time editing. I saw some reviews and overheating does not seem to be a problem.

Why a person can be so happy with an old technology instead of save money to more modern cameras? I dont know, i think it is some kind of emotional feeling... but maybe there are other reasons: i am a low budget guy, i think the sensor technology will develop and pay lots of money to top cameras now is a wrong decision, i like to extract the best from cheap gear, and i need to find a way to make more money...

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • You are good normal guy. Do not buy on all this internet hype that is sponsored and supported by companies. I know that they do as we made hundreds of interviews and I talked countless hours with them. Most of them want puppets. Clapping endlessly.

I shoot with Samsung NX500 and NX1. And they are nice for photos and occasional 1080p video.