Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Highest Quality stable hack?
  • Right now I'm running the EOShd 44mbit Vanilla hack. I'm pleased with the results, but I'm wondering if it's possible to get better quality out of my GH2. What difference does the b-frame modes make?

Can somebody tell me of some hacks that produce the best image quality but are also stable? I'm shooting big mountain skiing, so I need the hack to work in 1080p24, 720p60, in ETC mode. I also need it to be free of any jumpy motion that I hear about, and be capable of spanning. Not sure if there are any other properties worth considering when choosing a hack...

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it after exhaustive searching.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I'm not the one to answer as I find myself bouncing between certain settings based on circumstances. But best image quality is subjective. And "stable" is a relative term. I shoot a mostly action sports and have similar needs as you. In addition to the criteria you already listed, it might be helpful to also include what lenses you're using as well as what cards you're shooting to. These two factors seem to greatly affect some choices. It will also help others when making possible recommendations. Also, be sure to thoroughly test each setting you upload in every single mode you'd be shooting in. Can't tell you how many times I thought we were good to go and then come to find out we're getting write errors in 720p 60 ETC mode. That ones probably the hardest one to overcome. Best to invest in the high end cards for maximum reliability and the greatest options.

• I also film fast sports.
    The one that worked great without any problem is. even with tele and high iso and SS.
    Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b - Released on 25/02/2012
    You find it here http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2791/driftwood-quantum-x-settings-series-4-vy-canis-majoris-mysteron-sedna-orion-cluster...etc.../p1

BUT i dont now if its spanning!

• Ralph_B, does Sanity span 1080p24 in ETC? That's really what the majority of my shooting is going to be.

• It spans in 24P (using 24L mode), but does not span with ETC engaged.

• What is the difference between 24L and 24H with this hack?

• 24H has a bitrate of 66 Mbps and 24L runs at 29.3 Mbps. Don't let these numbers deceive you. Although there's a difference in quality, you'll have a hard time seeing it. They both look excellent.

• Why are there so many Quantum X settings and what are the diferences? Quality, they all look great to me but is there a current comparison chart or even a full descriptive list of features of any hack to compare the specs and ill make my own comparison chart. I tried to make one but the info on each hack is so incomplete. There isn't a clear way of deciding on a the right settings for you.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions