Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Future Megacities (web series)
  • hello guys,

here is a movie, i've done with the gh2 and 'orion v4b'. I have postet the movie in another thread yesterday, but i think, here is the better place :-) so, sorry for double-posting. The movie is a project documentation about the work of IGNIS in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The project deals with sustainable development of megacities of tomorrow - energy- and climate-efficient structures in urban growth centres. I hope you enjoy it.

• 25 Replies sorted by
  • Can't believe no-one's commented on this. Great video, fantastic insight into another culture, beautifully edited. Thank you!

• Many thanks for your reply mark!

• congrats dude, great little film. Fascinating subject, nicely crafted storytelling. keep it up!

• You actually made me forget about which camera you were using and instead you took me on a journey...this is what great storytelling is all about. Congratulations to you and the many people who have been given a voice through your work. Having said that, the GH2 really is a little beast...the images are fantastic with setting Orion v4b. Cheers mate!

• Hey wow. Didn't expect those comments. Its just a simple project-presentation, so there wasn't a lot space for great storytelling. @pchristoph this is really my main intend - forget the techniques and just get into the story. Thanks for pointing this. i'm glad you like it!

• Marcus brother, make us proud.

• Well done, Marcus/spiell77!!! Good to see our great little camera at work doing the work that needs doing…such as promoting/documenting the great work that others are doing. Keep at it, my friend, for as your guys say, it's a process to learn how to do it well enough that all involved will make it sustainable. Cheers to you and your team

• Very nice. Was there much color correction/grading done in post? (Marcus, ich glaube wir haben eine gemeinsame Bekannte - wie klein die Welt doch ist...)

• Nicely done @spiel77 !!

I agree with pchristoph, I was really drawn into the subject matter! Which, is the intent, after all!

• Yeah, great doc. Very interesting, very pretty, and enlightening.

• It was only a soft grading, done in fcp. shot in cinema mode with 4*-2, so the images have been relatively flat. for my taste there is still space left for grading - but as i am not that good skilled in grading, i didn't want to exaggerate it. ( @Jodan achja? :-) Wer bist Du denn und wer ist unsere gemeinsame Freundin? gern auch pm)

• Hi Spiel, just watching the documentary now. Can you enlighten us on what you did for sound capture? I've been debating between getting a plugin mic on the hot shoe vs using an external recorder and syncing later.

-Just finished. I enjoyed it thoroughly. You shot it very skillfully and I can't wait to make some doc pieces now.

• Hey! Sound recording was done via external zoom h4 with a Sennheiser ME66. Synced later with pluraleyes 2.0. I love this tool ;) we had a hot shoe with us but didn't use it.

• hey @ all - i need some advice on the new patches since orion. i leave to nairobi next week (15th) and will work again on the future megacities project. i liked the constant bitrate of orion v4b and the image quality it gives. maybe the new footage will be cut together with the one of this documentary here... so, should i stay with orion v4b or change to mysterion or canis? it would be great if some of you would state their thoughts.

• hey @all again :)

for those who are interested what has happend since the ignis movie from the first thread was published.. here is the continuation :) hope you'll enjoy the following: