Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • Indeed. The GH2 is still better than most DSRLs, and holds it's own quite well against the latest crop of 4k cameras.

• i can't shoot at 720/60p. i used sun disk extreme pro sdxc 10 class

• When you say "i can't shoot at 720/60p", exactly what happens?

• Hi Ralph,

was recording an interview yesterday using Sanity X on a 32GB 45, on the first card, recording stopped automatically after the file hit 4 gb, luckily the file was recorded. I switched cards to another 32gb 45 and continued the interviews, this time, it hit 4 gb and I got the message that my card was not fast enough to write the file, the camera couldn't shut down and I had to remove the battery. I see the file on the SD card when I insert it into the computer but it is corrupt and I cannot play it on VLC neither import it into PP.

Anyone knows what might have gone wrong here? I had the impression that spanning should work on the Scandisk Extreme 45MB/s card? Is there a way to recover that corrupt file? I had to re-shoot that last interview again, it wasn't as good as the first one but luckily all wasn't lost. Please help!

• Hi Ralph,

was recording an interview yesterday using Sanity X on a 32GB 45, on the first card, recording stopped automatically after the file hit 4 gb, luckily the file was recorded. I switched cards to another 32gb 45 and continued the interviews, this time, it hit 4 gb and I got the message that my card was not fast enough to write the file, the camera couldn't shut down and I had to remove the battery. I see the file on the SD card when I insert it into the computer but it is corrupt and I cannot play it on VLC neither import it into PP.

Anyone knows what might have gone wrong here? I had the impression that spanning should work on the Scandisk Extreme 45MB/s card? Is there a way to recover that corrupt file? I had to re-shoot that last interview again, it wasn't as good as the first one but luckily all wasn't lost. Please help!

• Hey guys, one thing I can't understand :

Sanity 5.1 is installed on my GH2. When I read my videos straight from the card with Quicktime, the inspector window tells me that the bitrate is about 46 Mbits/sec. However, when I import those files into FCPX and open the same video via the Original Media folder, the bitrate is now 18 Mbits/sec. I really don't get it... Of course, when I transcode the video in Prores, the bitrate is higher, but why the original file's bitrate is different from the one on the SD card ?

• This could be because of the original AVCHD formst specification. AVCHD was originally specified for a max. bitrate of around 18 MBit/s (and 24MBit/s). BUT this got increased to 28 MBit/s later on. Our hacks increase this even more but the bitrate then is outside of the specification. FCP may just show the standard/specified bitrates - that could be an explanation. Oh and also Sanity is a variable bitrate patch (depending on how many bits the encoder deems necessary to encode the frame in a certain quality) - FCP may show an average bitrate.

Could be both of those or one or another reason but either way don't worry, the files will probably be just fine ;)

• Shot with GH2 Sanity 5.1 - GH5

• Is there a FAQ page? I'm looking to use SANITY on my GH2, what's the difference between 4 and 5.1

• Guess this tread is the FAQ. ;-) Anyhow, take 5.1, proper SD-card, and do some spanning tests on colored noise maybe.

• Or check out latest patch from Driftwood for docu shooting: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/10978/driftwood-cluster-x-series-4moon-t8spizz-t7/p7

Third post or so

• @thiswayup

Sanity 5.1 is the best Sanity. The picture quality rivals Driftwood's best intra patch, but with a significantly lower bit rate. Getting technical - Sanity is a long GOP codec. The size of the I frames is immense, equal to or greater than the size of each frame in Driftwood's patch. Since we're starting with such a high quality picture, the difference frames have so much more information to work from. So we get the best of both worlds, superb picture quality at a modest bitrate.

• Hello to all ! Where can I download all the patches?

• MJPG DOES NOT write for more than 4 minutes, who has this problem?