Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • GH2, Cinema24p 1/50 with Driftwood Cluster V1
    Tokina RMC 80 - 200mm f4 
    All shots wide open @f4, set to 200mm, ISO 650
    Std Profile 0000

• @zaven13 Sounds I need to make A aq1 patch with thepalalias audio and great 60p integrated and post for people here. Loving the Aq1 so far but just might try a q20. Slowly learning how to use adobe PP though. I need a teacher for that and I would post some samples. :-) Also should mention. The Orion 4b 60p looked amazing to me. Have you compared sanity 60p with Orion 60p?

• TX FOR COMMENT MY VIDEO!!!

• @liquidify I believe thepalalias audio settings are already inside Sedna.

• @Rambo i said the Cluster v1 is amazing :-)

• @nomad you mean to say i shld not shoot with gh2?? see quantum v9b itself passed the test in woods. all we need is more punchy shots with great detail and its sure the most essentials are nd2 nd4 polarized and uv filters. the orion v4b or sedna A aq1 will do the job. why its so leaned to red?? any reason?? we completed over 14 tests in different condition with gh2. its fine and working. it will be a challenge we are not going to dub any scene. artist will do every shot real. with dialog which will be captured in 2 h2 which will be axised to the shot. if i take an red and a roland r-66 for field recording it would be the same old story. more over this film is a low budget one. already there are 3 to 4 films went box office and were just taken using 5d m2 example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongala_Mutha this film was taken in 3 5d mk2 with just 6 crew members and was a hit grossed over 315% from cost. now tell me do i really need a red??

• I didn't want to say you need a RED under all circumstances, but there might be situations where one should test carefully if the GH2's DR is up to it. If you have seen Søderberg's "Che" you'd know hat I mean – and that was shot with an early R1, which had only mildly better DR than the hacked GH2.

A polarizer would only help under specific angles to the sun and with blue sky, but in general tropical jungle is one of the most difficult lighting situations you can find.

BTW, the Scarlet has a very good audio section, no need for external recording.

• feha >@Rambo i said the Cluster v1 is amazing :-)

I actually uploaded the wrong version, is swapped out now for the correct one. First version had wrong black levels. Yes i see no reason to go any further than Cluster for what i do. Better not mention how low the bitrates were, Driftwood might have a fit.

Liking that old Tokina wide open, very sharp at f4 full tele and nice contrasty look.

• hi everybody, thanks for the great work!!

i have a question

does sedna q20 spanning works on a sandisk 32gb 45mb/s extreme? also i was trying to shoot at night in iA but after few seconds i get the error that it is not able to write on the card.

any solution out there? during the day is no problem, only not spanning

• Hello you can fit the card, I have a 64gb 95 m / s ... and it does not work for me in iA. So better a 45 mb / s (costs less)!!!!!

Ciao Andyvia68

• @andyvia68: iA? What does that mean?

• see my another test LUMIX GH2_SEDNA Q20_LENS:CARL ZEISS SONNAR T 90MM_FOR CONTAX G....

TX. ANDYVIA68

• I just loaded the Sedna Q20 A settings (or can I call it patch again.. looks like most people do call it that way anyways..), did oversaturate and extreme sharpening like in the examples.. and WOW!!! This is amazing! Thank you driftwood, this makes the noise much better removable!

• @driftwood @From_Paris I just wanted to know the difference, driftwoods work is simply brilliant.

Which lens would you recommend for the filmicst look. A good all-rounder lens.

I have the 14-140 and pana 50 1.7.

thx

• Where are the quantum patches for GF2

• @cinemon

All Canon FD (example 50mm f/1.4). All Nikkor Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 and the new 17,5mm f/0.95 Noktor 12mm f/1.6 Zeiss Leica...

If you just need one, take a 35mm equivalent ou 50mm equivalent : Voigtlander 17,5mm or 25mm f/0.95

• Orion v4b Sedna A Q20, Sedna A AQ1, Sedna C AQ1, hope helps, same light and setings standard -2-2-1-2.

• @artardi source or screengrabs... we can't judge YouTube/Vimeo compression.

• @From_Paris Canon FD lens? why not the new Canon lens? what about the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 45 mm f/1.8? and the Samyang 35mm f/1.4

• I was testing Sedna on my multicopter at 60p and it failed after a min or two. Lumix 14-42 lens, 64gb 95mb/s card. Now I know 60p is being worked on, but any suggestions as to what to change for a high detail, high motion 60p shot?

• @fomalhaut3 the Sandisk 45 mb/s extreme cards are lemons. I had one and returned it for a 95 mb/s card which should be here sooooon. The return process was a PITA fyi.

• @mee @andyvia68 thanks for the info guys. yeah, i think i can't return it anymore, had it working great for 12 days so i thought that it was good en enough. maybe i'll keep this one for day use and short shoots(until 4.29gb and get an other sdcard shall i get the 95mb or 30mb? the price is kinda the same

• You can copy any of the matrices from my settings (this has been discussed many times in Quantum threads) to other settings. I havent got a problem with it.

I think Sedna 720p50 and HBR50 is pretty much ok. The problems of 720p60 and HBR60 need more addressing. For those who have tried lowering the frame limits slightly till they work reliably let me know what the quality is like. Maybe try 720p60 only on encoder setting 1 720 =2 (no B frames) or try some of the GOP Related weighting on P and B frames. I'll take another look for Canis Majoris.

• another question are the patches using the UHS-I ?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions