Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The War: China will prosecute Google for Android dominance
  • China is preparing to launch an antitrust probe into Alphabet Inc's GOOGL.O Google, looking into allegations it has leveraged the dominance of its Android mobile operating system to stifle competition, two people familiar with the matter said.

The case was proposed by telecommunications equipment giant Huawei Technologies Co Ltd last year and has been submitted by the country’s top market regulator to the State Council’s antitrust committee for review, they added.

A decision on whether to proceed with a formal investigation may come as soon as October and could be affected by the state of China’s relationship with the United States, one of the people said.

China embarks on a major revamp of its antitrust laws with proposed amendments including a dramatic increase in maximum fines and expanded criteria for judging a company’s control of a market.

It won't be any Android (as we know it, with Google Play and such) in both in China and EU as soon as late 2021, early 2022.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • that's funny..a state dominated economy prosecuting a monopoly

• @kurth

Nothing funny, as it is tens of thousands of usual capitalist firms in China, hence they have quite modern laws on monopolies.

Never look just at the flags and words, look at the deeds.

• @kurth China practices Dirigism, same as France in the 60's, and arguably, today. Dirigism is still capitalism, just not the laissez-faire flavor. If anything, they demonstrate that capitalism doesn't require democracy to function sustainably. We kind of knew that already from right-wing dictatorships, but those never last long.

• @radikalfilm....that's what I said...contrary to 'usual capitalist'. However everyone knows chinas version...ain't anywhere near the french definition. In china they execute you if you don't follow the rules....or put you in reeducation camps. This is obviously a tit for tat action. Those will escalate in the coming months and years...if we have years left. And it's positive....in the sense that western businesses should abandon china completely, and leave their mediocre industrial quality to themselves.

• What is usual capitalism? Condor scheme and escuela de las americas should have been some kind of performatic theather pehaps. What have u said? For those who dont follow their rules, Guantanamo, condor 2.0, reaper fly bys and all that shit.

Its a shame that mericans are that way, they shit all over the places and point far away like the mess they left behind is manifest destiny and not piles of crap they trow on others. Just like "western world" Europe.

Yeah yeah buddy "western world" will abandon China and exchange resources for fake money and infinite non payable debt, plus all the coups, transforming caribe into a brothel, rapists clubs etc, thats much more humane and dignifying form of slavery than the other. Btw what is western world preciselly?

• @roadsidepicnic...I believe you're from brasil, right? If not be so kind as to correct me. No one here will defend guantanamo bay's 50 something invisible prisoners, nor the wars , however logic dictates the rebuttal that guantanamo is a far fewer number than Uyghurs in china's re education summer schools. Of course , latinos have an incredibily difficult cultural balance act. Read galeanos open veins. You completely blame, and rightly so, europeans for 5 centuries of exploitation and the sad state you find yourselves, yet your whole culture emulates europeans in every facet of your social and political existence. You blame americans for shitting all over the place, yet your countries not only participate, but create their own unique brand of criminals, and meanwhile their ruling classes are allowed to profit nicely from this arrangement. Sadly freedom comes at the cost of abuse. If you prefer living in a dominated society where even your neighbors are spying on you, to one that is suffering from the abuses of liberty, you're welcome to choose. They might still let you in. I prefer the chaos of freedom myself. And if not and you can't go, then you can work on improving your own miserable excuse for a country. How many sq kilometers did you burn today ? Let's face it...the whole world is fuxed up, but concerning china , I know three things...one this pandemic is their fault and even if it was accidental, they are still liable. And the second thing is....every damn thing I've ever bought that was made in china, was a piece of shit. Do you want a list ? And third, china has a dominate the world philosophy just like the western capitalist. And that's trouble. So good riddance.

• I'm not into this kind of abstract fantasy, I'm pretty familiar of the roots of iberoamericans that extend into and far beyond Europe. Things are exanged since pre-roman times, there's no cultural essentialism.

And there's no sad pittyed state to find third world that isnt part of a global system. The shitty thing i'm refering is not the euro people culture, its the euro capitalist world project, the same centuries old world project that made africa what it is today and was defended as manifest destiny or fearmongering.

Yes the puppet government of this country serves their masters. So as your homeland puppet government, as can be seen by to where their fresh printed money flowed.

There's no freedom in this freedom as you can't choose to make the change. And this liberty is a fairy tale. Its just an US fundational myth. Like some fucking wolf bitch give milk to two troy bastards so because of that rome must rule the world. Makes no sense.

Surely no one is dumb to believe China gospel of salvation. Thing in detail are realpolitik, bear the means so you can be pragmatic. But fearmonging China so people dont build their means is not taking this road.

This chaos as a moment of creative energy, it's not dollar bills.

• @roadsidepicnic...wow there are half moments of brillance , like a burroughs poem....but taken all in all.....it made no sense . About 900 million chinese believe their gospel of salvation and the country is preparing them for physical conflict. The euro capitalist world project is the culture. That's why they call it 'socioeconomic'.