Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV Telegram channel! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
New Panasonic firmware update for...the GH2?
  • http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh2.html

Version 1.2, adding "Improve the compatibility of Panasonic battery". Hope it is compatible with the 1.1 hacks.

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • It's not for my camera. I have DH2, D stands for Driftwood.

Ps. I'm not going to mess with such a variety of options we have!

• @MarcioK

Well, no, of course.

Version 1.2, adding "Improve the compatibility of Panasonic battery".

Who knows that this means.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Will stay in 1.1, then.

• I am sure Panasonic is trying kill GH2 for who still have GH2 like me.

• @jkabuyah

I doubt it, as you can reinstall hacked firmware any time (just put bigger version increment).

• Yeah, there's no reason for them to make a camera that is 7 years old obsolete. They are always worried about making the most recent model obsolete. :D

• who has sold it?

• I don't know about you, but I intend being buried with mine! :)

• @chef - unfortunately, I sold both of mine. :(

• @chef Intended to sell it some time ago, procrastination attacked, now it is cheap, will keep mine.

• GH2 still gets used for photography quite often. Nothing wrong with it, certainoy not going to upgrade the firmware now.

• I am sure Panasonic is trying kill GH2 for who still have GH2 like me.

Why on earth would they even care? The GH2 is so old, this firmware update is quite surprising to me.

• Does anyone have old(1.1) patch? And when will be the port of 1.2?

• its that a joke? I'm still got mine , and I will never sell , also If i got two GH5 anyone tested this new firmware?

• Hello, I just bought a Panasonic DMW-BLC12 battery and it comes with a notification inside the box that says: update the firmware of the DMC-GH2 to the latest version if you are going to use this battery.

What could happen if I don't update? Is it any risk? because it says that it improve compatibility of panasonic battery. nothing else.

Can someone shed a bit of light on this matter? Thanks.

• @Kiklin

Well, if it works without update - it works.

At worst it can tell you that you have non compatible battery.

• Tested and doesn't work. Well, Now we know a little more about why a new firmware. Thanks anyway