Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ColorGHear TOOLKIT- color grading SYSTEM for AE
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @tinbeo was every shot on tripod in the same place?

• @pechente i was gonna suggest something like this as well some multiple layer with photoshop

• You could paint it out in Photoshop and overlay this part on the video in After Effects. Depending on the shot, some tracking and / or rotoscoping might be required.

• @tinbeo artiswar made a good suggestion here. Want to add a suggestion.. If am no mistaken, this is probably a result from the uv protection glass you keep on your lens. Its hard to get rid of in post especially if you have used some sort of optical stabilization or made any movement that makes the spot drift a bit. So for next time :/.. take of any protection glass in a controlled environment like this. Could save you tons of work.

• @tinbeo - I know of how to go about such a task in DaVinci but not in CGT. In DaVinci, I'd track a power window to it and attempt to desaturate and switch the hue around to blend in more. No real way to remove it.

• I'd say it's very hard task to do (especially if the spot is moving) and not worth even trying.

• Overlay a happy smile icon :)

• I need help of how to remove the reflected rectangular spot in this video, on the upper wall with light green color near the wood area, frame shown below. It 's not look bad with this frame ( on the wall) but with speakers show on their face. Your inputs step by step would be appreciated.

Glare spot.jpg
    2446 x 1350 - 178K
  • FCPX has a weird way to do the layering with Motion.

Immediately I switched back to AE :)

• Sorry guys, been out of it for a while, and will continue to be - really busy.

@peternap I'll take a look when I get a chance (checking in on my phone)

@david_d FCP X - not gonna happen. Not until Apple pulls their heads out of their asses on layering and mixing. But I will, at some point, do tutorials on how to do complex grading in FCP X, just not as complex or flexible as AE or Resolve.

• Dear @shian

You ColorGHear seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. But I work on FCP X. Are you planning to sell a Final Cut compatible version ? And when ?

All my best, David

• @shian I'm playing with a filter for fall colors Shian. Just looking for suggestions in GHears. Not much to look at yet but I was looking at the reddish brown clump in the tree.

First 3 are are straight out of the camera, 14-140 standard -2.

First set of pictures, no filter, Tiffin Enhancing filter, Enhancing filter+ Polarizer

Second set are the same after CineGH 444 Lo Contrast

leaf orig 12-140.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf orig 12-140 enhanc.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf orig 12-140 enhanc cir polar.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    leaf 14-40 lens.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    leaf 14-40 enhansing.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    leaf 14-40 enhansing cir pol.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • it's just a mask - see the masks and tracking part 2 tutorial

• OK I have to ask. I've been using GHears for a good while now and flat love it.....but I still haven't figured out how to open a power window in cs5. That has to be the only thing in the world there isn't a You Tube video on.

• Now a member, so excited. Last night, I got Resolve up on one of my school's iMacs, had a lot of fun messing around, but found there is so much I need to learn. CG Film School, here I come!

@shian I don't have any Adobe software, but can I download CGT now and save it for the eventuality that I do have Adobe CS? Does that work?

• OK....I think I finally got the look I want...Shian- thanks a ton - Another set of eyes is always a big help. Just have to tweak the gamma and few other little things... playing with spectral enhancer levels too.

colorgrade 2master (02837).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (02229).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (01780).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (00994).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (00526).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @Shian....great tip thx.-- These are fails...I think I have it now will post in next comment...

colorgrade 2master (02341).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • It's a bit purple - I'd suck some magenta out out of the image, and then maybe add toner underneath the blue filter and mix it down to 20%

• Been working on color for that short with the bad audio...ADR(sorta) got done so I think we will eventually release it. I was not the editor and the director/writer/editor/Star likes to blow up and crop my shots as she has no understanding of composition and resolutions.....so dont judge me too much please but here is the "Sad" look Im doing for the first scene. A slight 1:85 to 1 LB is being applied but it doesnt show on the render out of AE. 3rd shot(shes crying) I think was either EXTELE or she cropped it so It was very noisy on face used the Ghrain Killer on that one. Oh also I added some 16mm style film noise on top,subtle but its intentional grain...

1920 x 1080 - 2M
    colorgrade 2master (02341)1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (01368)2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    colorgrade 2master (01368).png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    colorgrade 2master (00505).png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    colorgrade 2master (00505)1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    colorgrade 2master (01430).png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    colorgrade 2master (01430)_1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Help out a fellow GHearHead who made this excellent video, and caught the eye of Bruce Logan.

• @inqb8tr I don't currently know a way to do it.

@fatpigThey will be powergrades that can be used the same way the GHears are currently used in AE

@artiswar I won't complain if you drop that on dvuser. But beware Barry G. and the others that are hating on CGT.

@matt_gh2 control and flexibility in post.

• davinci accepts plugins? :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions