Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH-2 PTool3.63d can be installed over v1.1
  • I'm posting this just in case someone out there is having problem installing PTool3.63d firmware on "newer" GH-2 bodies.
    I just received my brand new GH-2 from Amazon yesterday. The body had original firmware v1.0; I tried to install the hack firmware several times but the camera never detect the hacked firmware on the SD card after "play" button was pushed (thus, did not give me the option to update).
    I decided to install Panasonic's newest (12/7/11) firmware v1.1.
    As expected, my GH-2 detects Panasonic v1.1 firmware immediately and updated successfully, first try.
    After playing around with Pana v1.1 firmware for few minutes, I decided to go back and install the hacked firmware that I could not do before.
    To my surprise, it worked! So now I have v1.0 (hacked) on my GH-2.
    Thank you.
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • Yep, thanks for info.
    For now we collect all this in
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/basic-and-beginner-questions#Item_529

I think we'll soon split it into beginner topic, some more advanced one and FAQ wiki.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions