Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Mexica and materialism
  • As a result of NAFTA, subsidized American corn flooded Mexican markets and dropped the price of Mexican corn a whopping 70 percent, thus decimating the livelihoods of over 15 million Mexican farmers who simply couldn’t compete. Many were forced to grow and harvest illicit crops such as marijuana and opium poppies in order to remain financially afloat, contributing to an increase in the drug trafficking trade.

Same thing happened in Columbia, btw.

While Mexico’s working class suffered under NAFTA, Mexico’s bourgeoisie flourished. The country’s sixteen wealthiest people have seen their fortunes quintuple in the twenty years since its passage.

Well, not bad to remind

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises.

V. Lenin.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Can you post the link to the original article? Something to backup my self if I refer it somewhere

• @HillTop1

Google any of sentences. I try to avoid links only if article is more about different topic.