Personal View site logo
Cinema gear deals, direct from factories - Gear deals and Gear deals section. Also check Cameras, lenses, software, gear deals.
You support is vital for us. To keep this place ad free and independent, select one of the options below.
Donations are going to community support costs, hosting, etc. Your support allows to improve and expand this site.
12-35mm F2.8 II Panasonic 2017 lens

Specs

PR

LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-HSA12035)

• Versatile usage ranging from portraits and landscape to street photography.
    • Achieves handheld shooting without using a flash thanks to the F2.8 high-speed aperture and 5-axis Dual I.S.2. even in low-lit situations, including indoors.
    • Splash/dust-proof and freeze-proof down to -10℃ with a rugged design for heavy field use.
    • Supports high-quality video recording(as described above).
    • The lens system comprises 14 elements in 9 groups including 4 aspherical lenses with 5 aspherical surfaces, 1 UHR (Ultra High Refractive Index) lens and 1 UED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) lens.
    • Panasonic’s black box technology Nano Surface Coating is applied to minimize ghosts and flaring.
    • Max.240-fps sensor drive for high-speed, high-performance AF.

The HSA12035 will be available in black for $999.99 in March.

sample196.jpg
    588 x 465 - 42K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • The same optic as the original 12-35mm f2.8. Is it honestly true that the old version cannot be firmware upgraded to have all the capability of the new version? Or Panasonic just want to refresh their 12-35mm f2.8 so they can sell it at the price they want?

• have not seen any demos to see is the ois alone has improved for say the gh4 or bmp/mcc cameras, that would be the only reason for me to uprade, even if i bought a gh5.