Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ninja Warrior or Climbing?
  • Some people might remember the climbing videos I posted in the past. I haven't done one of those in a long time. The kids are all still just as into climbing but I just didn't have the time anymore to put into making the videos.

However, one of the parents of a climber decided to build a pretty spectacular American Ninja Warrior course in his backyard. Here is what opening day looked like.

This was filmed with the GoPro Hero5 Black and the Panasonic LX100. Most of it is UHD/4K @ 30 FPS or 2.7k @ 60 FPS. However, some clips were 1080p @ 120 FPS converted to UHD/4K @ 60 FPS. There is one 720p @ 240 FPS clip for the super slow motion. The compression artifacts are terrible but 240 FPS is really cool for slow motion.

If you have any questions about the GoPro 5 please let me know. I know it doesn't look that much better than the Hero4. However, it still is a fabulous camera for what it is designed to do and its price is actually quite reasonable.

There is no color grading done at all. This is footage straight out of the camera pieced together and sometimes slowed down or sped up. No other changes except for just a little general sharpening throughout the video. This is the first 4K @ 60 FPS video I have done for youtube. I don't have the ability to make HDR videos yet. However, I am really impressed with the true HDR videos youtube now has.