Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 — Use iPhone as wireless monitor
  • 153 Replies sorted by
  • Guys, any chance to make it work on Epson Moverio BT-300FPV glasses (it is Android based thing, so by idea must work)?

Really could use it for PV teams.

• I have an ipad mini 2, hooked up to a GH4 on wi-fi. One good thing to note is that you can use the zoom function in the ipad settings to blow up the app monitor window to fullscreen. It's with the three fingers and it can take a bit of practice to zoom in without cutting off the edge of the frame. However, you can also do a visual comparison with the camera LCD to line this up correctly. So a full screen on an I pad mini isn't actually that bad. For a low budget 20 minute film, maybe it's not a bad option. I was considering renting an atomos shogun and recording in 10 bit - but this is not a commercial project, just a self-funded short. I can see that sometimes the focus peaking is disappearing. But generally it's maybe a workable little monitor. Also there is the option of checking the recorded footage on set with a high-resolution laptop. But the important fact for me, is being able to make it fullscreen purely through using the ipad zoom function in settings>accessibility>zoom If anyone has any thoughts on using ipad as a monitor, or has any experience, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.