Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vintage Yashica lens, a mini guide
  • For the Ebay hunters
    An old mini-guide (January 1982) on Yashca lenses in italian language automagically translated with google.

From the introduction:

Finding second hand Yashica lenses can still be a viable solution for those who own a Yashica or Contax without the need for commercial lenses often of poor quality. Since I was lucky enough to use them and try, I wrote these brief notes that can serve as convenient GUIDE FOR PURCHASE and help you choose and buy the most interesting targets (and avoid the worst).

If it were not for the anti-reflective coating (a much more modest but in line with that of the competition today is not the best) often made ​​it difficult to distinguish these from the corresponding old Yashica Zeiss objectives. A quality / price unbeatable. The best targets are those initialed ML while the DSB are the old economic series (in my opinion to let it go). The MC are the most recent economic compact lens whose characteristics are almost proportional to the price (to avoid).

http://bit.ly/sG83TC

Bye
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • I have an old yashica 135mm prime lens. Have not tested it though. It makes a kind of interesting length on m43