Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 18 and older 17 and 16
  • 459 Replies sorted by
  • Resolve 14.0 final release available now. It is working very well on OSX.

• After final 14 release Studio Win version appeared cracked on scene. First time for long long time.

• Win version should have got some more beta time. Far less reliable than MacOS version. This is no PC bashing, it's the simple fact that the number of possible configurations is much higher.

Unfortunately, it's IBC now, so time again for unfinished products.

• I second that, @nomad. I have had it crashed on me twice, I had to save my projects and had to re-start again. It is much faster than 12, but a few hiccups here and there.

• What has amazed me greatly is that to this day, you cannot buy resolve studio as software only. (and yeah, you can buy from app store but that does not help me.) please share if you know why.

• @RRRilla

Laziness. If you ask me, BM is most disorganized and messy company I know.
    They even adapted all product design and manufacturing process to internal company culture.

• @RRRilla Not sure what you mean - you can buy Resolve Studio online and in stores (not talking about the appstore). You buy the Resolve Studio Dongle, the software is included, but maybe not the latest version (just download it from the HP).

• @Psyco

BM stated what they move from dongles in Davinci 14 and will sell it with serial numbers or such.

• Yes, but they don't sell the version with a software key online. You need to buy a box, seriously! Very bad for those in countries where customs charge big time on that empty box…

• @nomad

Yes, but they don't sell the version with a software key online. You need to buy a box, seriously! Very bad for those in countries where customs charge big time on that empty box…

What is the logic behind all this? Seriously? Set Guinness record as last NLE being sold in box?

• You only need the dongle, not the box - and the dongle can be found on ebay and other market places. So, what is the problem?

• @Psyco

Problem is may be what he wanted simple downloadable version, not dongle.

BM is also very fuzzy about dongles now. How long they continue to work or will stop on next version.

• Or you just download the cracked version.

• @rheinpirat

Seems it is their proposal.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev you mean they did that on purpose?

• @rheinpirat

No, I mean they did it due to stupidity.

• osx version seemd cracked too

• If you try to import clips shot with yi 4k plus (UHD/60p), the software will crash immediately. Found from BM forum: (Lack of support 64bit (only legacy 32bit) chunk offset atoms in MP4.) Working solution is to change the MP4 into .MOV with ffmpeg.

• If you try to import clips shot with yi 4k plus (UHD/60p), the software will crash immediately. Found from BM forum: (Lack of support 64bit (only legacy 32bit) chunk offset atoms in MP4.) Working solution is to change the MP4 into .MOV with ffmpeg.

And it was like 8 betas :-)

• I did use sharpen effect, which is usable only in the paid, studio version of Resolve 14. I bought the version 12.5 with the dongle for 330 euros. Then I asked and got the password by email from Blackmagic. The dongle version owners of Resolve can do this now. So now I have two licenses with the price of one, kind of. The dongle works as before, and one machine uses the code without a dongle. I would really like to know, how long is Blackmagic going to keep the dongles "alive"

• I did use sharpen effect, which is usable only in the paid, studio version of Resolve 14.

What makes it unusable in free version?

• When I tried to apply the sharpen effect in Resolve 14, the free version, the window popped up stating that it was available only in the paid studio version. Blackmagic has took down the page where it states, what is in studio and what features are in the free version. Could it be that even THEY don't kn ow that at the moment? :)

• Smooth cut transition looks interesting.

• @RRRilla Sharpen works on my free version. I see now there is an effect and the regular sharpen what does the effect do that the regular sharpen does not?

• Sharpen has been improved, now you can modify separately larger and smaller details. AND made a paid only feature.