Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
'Moments in Sport' Car Racing film shot on Panasonic GH3 with Canon EF L Primes, Edited FCPX...
  • This is my latest short film. Shot on a GH3 with Canon EF L Primes (from my 60D days) and a manual aperture adapter (wish the new speedbooster was out earlier, and wish the GH3 had the focus peaking feature like the GH4 does).

I like the Vivid setting in the GH3, the blacks look good after grading. This wasn't aimed as a cinema production, instead TV with a slight filmic quality!

Few things I would of changed, would have lost the massive DOF to one of my interviews. Broke my lens hood on the Canon 100mm f2.8 IS lens and found I had some casting/refraction on certain shots without it.

Shot by: Kirk Gaydon Panasonic GH3 Canon EF L 24mm Canon EF L 50mm Canon EF L 100mm (IS not usable)

Panasonic GH3 Settings: MOV 72Mbps Vivid -5, -5, -3, -3 1080p50 PAL Shutter 1/100 (on track) 1080p25 PAL Shutter 1/50 (interviews)

Audio: Rode VideoMic Pro

Any thoughs or questions, just ask.