Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lenses for Canon FD mount
  • 188 Replies sorted by
  • thanks, I've been toying with getting the lumix 35-100mm f/2.8 but price wise is pretty damn high, and wondered sharpness wise how would the 80-200 canon fd compare ti it Vitaliy_Kiselev ?

atm I own a 50mm f/1.4 , 135mm f/2.5 and a 35-105 f/3.5 and a 300mm fl /4.0 , I prefer the zoom for video work but read the 35-135 is no true parfocal is the 80-200 true parfocal ?

thanks btw I'm a total newb when it comes to lenses so forgive any ignorance.

• Regarding parfocality, it's a hit and miss with still lenses since you can't adjust back focus. One unit of the same lens may keep better focus than another. In my experience manual focus two-touch zoom lenses tend to be more parfocal than modern af-lenses. I have a copy of FDn 28-85 f4 which is near parfocal, but not perfect.

• Normally it's the adapter which makes it parfocal or not. I have three MD/MC adapters and one makes both my 24-50mm and the 35-70 Minolta parfocal.

With my FD 35-105 I was lucky, it is parfocal on my adapter.

• thanks for that, would you say the 80-200 f/4 L is sharper than the lumix 35-100mm f/2.8 ?

• I'm looking at the Zeiss 80-200 FD fit, any advice on that compared to the canon? Thank you.

• Canon FD 70-210mm f/4

• Canon FD 35-70mm f4