Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, 14.5mm f/2.5 or Samyang 16mm f/2.0?
  • Does anyone have experience with all three of these lenses that can chime in on what might work best for me.

The lens I purchase will be for the gh4 and gh2 to be used in a factory setting as well as action sports on a daily basis. I need something wide and fast. Autofocus isn't a deal breaker so the Samyang isn't out just for its lack there of. Autofocus is nice, but if the Samyang is superior enough I can deal without it. I will also use this lens for interviews occasionally. Just looking for a professional opinion for a the best quality all around lens that is wide and fast.

Right now I have the 14-42mm, Samyang 7.5mm and a 50mm f/1.4 Nikon with adapter. Im trying to stick around 300-400$ and willing to buy another adapter, so if there is another lens in this area please bring it up.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Problem solved. Rokinon 16mm f/2.0 Listed brand new on ebay for 250$. More than 5 listed so jump on it fellas.

EOS mount.